question on footholds

i wanted to put some footholds on my ski. and I've tried my neighbors who has foothold in his sj i definitely like it better than stock. but after hearing that my neighbors friend broke his foot because he had footholds in his ski.
IMG_0438.jpg
i was thinking of doing something like in the picture but have the dakine straps both front and back and not put footholds in my ski. it seems like it would be easier to flip and do barrel rolls. i haven't seen a hole lot of people use straps like those in the picture. so i was wondering how well they would work.

link: http://media.photobucket.com/image/superjet footholds/kraqus/Superjet/IMG_0438.jpg

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
People use them all the time. I have never ridden with footstraps though. I would say that if you find the right foothold you wouldn't have to worry about gettin locked in to hard. I WCF footholds are just right for me. I slip out on a wipeout and can stay locked for my tricks. Not too aggressive. I like the Blowsion Kickers also. but its all in your preference, footholds give you a wider stance too some bigger guys really like that.

The purpose of that strap is for riding surf stance, which on flatwater is worthless. If you're riding flatwater, holds are a must. Don't worry about your feet. Some companies make enclosures that go on the end of the hold. Stay away from those.

My feet never get stuck in mine but they do fall out alot, usually at the worst times.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
WCF makes great footholds! but i just bought a ski with waterdawg footholds with enclosures and they are they best thing. They keep you locked in but i guess i could see maybe getting stuck in some situations. Id rather be locked in and not come out on backflip attempt because pancaking a flip is way better that having your feet come out while your upside dowm

well this winter i might think about putting footholds in just because of the wider stance maybe. but i don't want to take time away from ridding to do it. so i"m just going to put the dakine straps front and back and see if i like the more narrow stance. whats the best way to install them and were do i buy them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom