Blaster Quick Preseason maintenance

wb1

Way She Goes
Hi all,

I'm just getting my blaster out this weekend and am wondering if there is any maintenance that i should do before i drop it in the water?

Last fall I fogged the engine, stabilized the gas, and put some wd40 on metal parts.

There was one little grease fitting that i grease gunned, but i was just wondering if there are multiple fittings that need to be greased, or if there is other seasonal maintenance that needs to be done.

Thanks

I do new spark plugs and fuel filter. Check fuel/water lines for problems. Check battery connections. Mainly give it a good look over.
Hope that helps.

wb1

Way She Goes
I do new spark plugs and fuel filter. Check fuel/water lines for problems. Check battery connections. Mainly give it a good look over.
Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Good idea on the spark plugs. May try out those e3 plugs...

Will i need to order a new fuel filter online/dealership, or is it pretty universal?

Thanks again.

Yep NP! I just stick to the stock NGK BR8HS plugs gapped to .026, been working good for me. Fuel filter is $20+ from Yamaha, a guy on ebay sells the stock type filters for $3.99. I think I'm going to try those out this year. Take it easy on that grease zerk, BTW. I am told it doesn't actually get to the bearing, just the seals. You don't want to put too much grease in there and push out one of the seals.

wb1

Way She Goes
Thanks, I bought the fuel filter at the marina today. $10, wasn't the stock one, but very similar and looks to work fine.

One question, my flame arrestor that it currently on it is in pretty bad shape, and i would like to get a new one. The only upgrade i have is a factory b pipe in terms of engine mods. Can you or anyone recommend a good flame arrestor?

Thank you.

Top Bottom