R6 motor in a Super ???

Well I would like to know if this has been done.

I still need to look at one to see if it will fit.

I know they all have over 100 HP stock. They also rev to 15 K no big deal..

I also know you can turbo the hell out of them.

Let me know what you all think of this and if it has been done.

I will keep looking in to it.

I think I may have a problem with the revs and the prop what do you think..

I see this question asked at least once a year...

Every time it is the same answer. No, it will not work.

Yes they make over 100 HP...but thats not a very big deal consider you could throw in a p/v stroker motor and have alot less weight, with more HP. A 2005 R6 motor with fuel injection and most wiring weights in well over 100 pounds(right around 140..I used to sell them to mini sprint racers and have a 05 R6 myself)...with that added weight of the motor and some sort of reduction unit...you have gained nothing(besides losing a few pounds since your wallet is now empty).

Plus, what pump is going to handle that many RPM? Its just going to cavitate wildly.

There is no sense in even thinking about it when there are so many cool motor options out there right now made specifically for this exact application. Call up DASA and get a badazz stroker thrown in that beast.

Our skis require max torque between 5000 and 7000 rpm. There is nothing that can beat a twostroke in that rpm range. Hydrospace did a good job with a very expensive turbo 800 but could never match throttle response.

I know I would have a pump prob. I just know you put a turbo on it and you would have 300 HP. Now that is a kick in the ass ha ha.

I just like to look to new ways of doing things. It is cool when you have a one of a kind. Only if it works ha ha..

Thanks for the info. I will scratch this one off the list!

Indyxc

Worst Freestyler Ever!
How often does this come up? No, and no. It doesn't make any torque, and there isn't a jetpump that works relatively well at 14,000 rpm.

I know I would have a pump prob. I just know you put a turbo on it and you would have 300 HP. Now that is a kick in the ass ha ha.

I just like to look to new ways of doing things. It is cool when you have a one of a kind. Only if it works ha ha..

Thanks for the info. I will scratch this one off the list!

The thing is, you aren't dealing with a huge hull..

If you want to see a pretty cool build..check out the build in greenhulk where the guy stuck a 400HP Mercury 6 cylinder in a Seadoo GSX Limited...dude was running well into the 90's..

He pulled the motor and is currently putting it in a GPR hull to get some real speed...

Youd be much better off using the motor from one of the liter sized 4 stroke yamaha snowmobiles. The motor is much lighter and doesn't have the gearbox. I have been thinking about it for a while and I am sure I could make a sick little unit. The RPM thing is not a problem. Simply gear it down. Youll increase torque output and solve the RPM problem. When I have more time on my hands I plan to put one into an SJ myself.

Top Bottom