300/440/550 Recommended jets for SBN44 on a 550?

ger87410

How did I get here?
It's got a Mariner pipe and a supertrapp waterbox and no mods, I think.

The carb I have has a 120 and 140 jet in it right now. I was told it was pulled from a 650.

I've not tried it yet, but would like everyone's thoughts on what the jetting would be.

Thanx for everyone's input.

ger87410

How did I get here?
Let's bump this thread once just to see if maybe it got overlooked. Either that, or it's too old school. :lmao:

If I don't get a reply, I'll just experiment and post on here my results. :biggthumpup:

ttt

jetsport484

Are we there yet?
The 550 I had was totally stock other than the SBN. I was running a 2.3 viton needle valve, 65 gram spring, NO. 100 pilot jet and NO. 125 main (high) jet. It ran fairly well for a 550. hope this helps.

you need to search pwc, I know you not keen on it but the kawi nuts are over there for the most part. There has been some recent threads on sbn 44s on 550s as well..

I had a similar setup on my 550. I'm going to assume that you have a 1990 and earlier piston port 550 in your ski, because I don't know what the reed 550 needs for jetting.

My 550 had the aftermarket Coffman's Climax half pipe on it, aftermarket flame arrester and the stock water box. Waterbox doesn't usually change the jetting requirements from what I've experienced. For a piston port motor with an after market pipe and flame arrestor you want the total jetting to be in the 220 to 225 range. You get this number by adding the pilot and high speed jet number together. In my case, the best combination for my ski was:

Pilot: 100
Main: 120
Pop-Off: 15 to 16 psi. I think I ended up with a 2.3 needle and seat and the shiny silver spring (65 gram)

Top Bottom