SX/SXi/SXi Pro reduction nozzel

hi guys just fitted a 650sx nozzel to my sxi took it out today and found it had a bit more bottem end but felt like it was cavitating and was bouncing on and off the rev limiter dont know what pitch the prop is but im curious as to what it would be like if i installed a skat trak 9/17. Im thinking that if it is on the limiter and cavitaing now what would it be like with the 9/17 any advice would be great cheers.

yeh i noticed that it has been put up a few times i was origainally going to bore mine out but got hold of the 650 one and tried it. dont know if im convinced yet on whether its worth it just doesnt get as much drive. what pitch prop r u running in your ski 701sjfmt.

Im running a stock prop . my ski is a 98 pro. The only mod i have is a duel R&D scoop grate. I noticed a big diffrence in lowend thrust. did you use both nozzles ? I used both, the nozzle and turn nozzle off of a 650sx. I tried putting the sxi pro's turn nozzle on , but wouldn't work. I also have noticed it turns a little better with the 650 nozzle. Did you cut the fins out of your 650 nozzle ? I didnt.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I have the 650 nozzle, 9/17 skat, ocean pro determinator rode plate-I think it is, and a top loader intake grate.. has more bottom end for sure, but the steering feels stiffer. Guessing it is the extra thrust and the straight veins that are in the nozzle causing it, but not positive.. steers fine when it is not running..

Did anyone loose top speed with the 650 nozzle , I also have a freestyle pump cone . I ran with a boat and his speedo said 38mph and i was porpasing a little . Ive got stock ride plate on it. I figured if it hooked up better it would be around 43mph or so . does this sound correct?

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I'm not sure about top speed loss, but 43 or so sounds about right. I forgot I also have the freestyle cone also. I had to put the extended plate on it to help with the porpoising.

I threw the 650 nozzle and turn nozzle on this weekend and noticed it binds when turning right with the sxi pro steering. I think im going to put my 750 sx nozzle back on and stay with that.

I gess you need to ride more to build up those little arms of yours...lol.....just kidding . I felt the same thing . but it realy didnt bother me that much . I think it turns a little sharper now to.
Ya that isn't my issue. It does touch the bilge hose, but my steering is stiff when the engine is running. I am thinking the straight veins in the nozzle are causing it.

Top Bottom