'' REMINDER '' Daytona Top 3 rules to remember ....

Daytona rules and regulations #3 being very important for next year !!! :)
# 1 * helmets and proper riding gear is mandatory (full face recomended)
# 2 * tow loops on front and rear of ski are mandatory

# 3 * remember to repsect the hotel and lets try to make a little better impression this year with the new owners

Here are all the rest of the 2012 freeride rules copied from the freeride website : emember to read all rules and regulations listed on the site

* riding zone is at the Cardinal Ave. beach approach N. of the Makai about 300 ft. extending south 4000ft
* Permitted area will be open from Thursday-Sunday, standard jet ski zone will be open and will operate normally as per Beach Patrol rules. www.volusia.org/
* you must sign in for event w/ applicable paperwork and also sign waivers before you enter the water
* you can register online for the event. Just look at the top right hand corner of the site and see the paypal "Pay Now" link and follow instructions
* If you choose to register w/ me at the event (see next bullet)
* you will sign in w/ me (Nick Foederer) I will be on the beach in my 2003 Silver Ford Sport Trac w/ a magnetic sticker "Register"
* if you registered online bring paypal reciept w/ you to recieve your riding sticker (you must have this with you to receive riding sticker)
* remember all skis will be registered for event that are brought on to the beach
* helmets and proper riding gear is mandatory (full face recomended)
* tow loops on front and rear of ski are mandatory
* driving is permitted from 6am - 6pm (approx)
* riding zone is open from 9am - 5pm
* raffle will be after 5pm Saturday behind the Makai Beach Club.
* tickets for raffle will be sold all day Saturday from 9am-5pm
* after party will start at 9pm Saturday night (venu will be announced soon)
* ride smart and keep your head on a swivel
* remember to repsect the hotel and lets try to make a little better impression this year with the new owners
* Volusia County Jet ski zone (not permitted freeride zone) will be North of permitted event jet ski area and will accommodate people wanting to ride before Thursday.
* No numbers, no reg, will be perfectly ok since it's a permitted event.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Is is so hard to tow a ski without tow loops??

Slip the rope through the hole, clamp it. No sweat.

Its hard to do when daytona turns into a washing machine in the surf , if your down in rough surf with no loops or tow rope already hooked up and waiting ...........some guys will rip right past and just smile :), unless your hurt of course ! It just makes sense ''DO IT'' !

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master

For us up here in Washington it is a washing machine almost always. It is a PITA to grab a ski and go with it if there are no loops. Tanners ski had them at surf slam and we still lost it. I highly recommend them!! And since they are mandatory for this event, you better have them..

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
just splice in a piece of rope if you dont want to buy the fancy shmancy ones. it works, it's cheap, and you can take them off later if you dont want them. they do make life so much easier in the surf though.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
It's not hard to add a tow loop. Webbing is $1/ft at the hardware store. Probably need 3' total for both front and back. If $3 is going to break the bank, you probably have the kind of ski that will need a tow.

Webbing is thin and as strong as rope. It wont interfere with towing for those who prefer to tow not using the loop.

DrewProductions

TeamXtremeJetskiing.com
In 09 when I was out there filming with my Ultra I ended up towing about 8 guys in. Guess which ski ended up washing up on the beach in 5ft high whitewater because he couldnt get the rope thru his bow eye.....yep the guy without the tow loop ha ha. All the others were a breeze. Do it

kid4now

X-H
If your asking why do I need tow loops you have never been in big surf helping someone or being towed out yourself. Listen to people who have. In small surf its no big deal.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
We will have a limited quantity of tow loops available at the JetManiac booth behind the Makai.

Also, tow loops are useless unless you also have a tow strap.

Top Bottom