Super Jet Removing snapped drive shaft!?

So I've snapped the driveshaft in my 701. Its snapped off inside the front of the impeller. I'm wondering how to now get this out? Ideas?

I'm thinking a JetManic replacement might be the go.

Cheers.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Who's JetManic? Sounds mentally disturbed.

I've had to remove a broken shaft like that before. I ended up cutting the pump stator apart to get at the shaft. It was the least expensive piece to destroy.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Well, it's a conundrum - the shaft presses out of the pump into the direction of the cone. Can't do that with the impeller still on.
If you can grip a bit of the back of the shaft, you can use an impeller tool to get the impeller off.
Unfortunately, in my case I had to cut the stator off to make that happen.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I snapped one a couple years ago but can't remember how I got it off. I know I thought about it for a couple hours and dug thru my many nut and bolt bins as well as my tool box and rigged up a solution that working in under 45 minutes.

I seem to remember removed the tail cone and driving a narrow cold chisel into the end of the shaft. I put the chisel in a vise and used an impeller tool on the impeller.

I've been running the Jetmaniac replacement ever since.

Last edited:

Fstrkls1

Fast and Reckless
That sux. I did the same thing at the end of last summer And ended my season. I ended up having to buy a new jetmanic shaft a new pump housing and a impeller. Good luck bud

Cheers for all the advice. At first I thought (From the sound) I'd shat the pump bearings or something, figured good excuse for a new impeller etc. Seeing the broken shaft I thought, 'oh well, at least it's just that'. Didn't realise the nightmare of getting it out until now! Will try some of the suggestions.

Top Bottom