Rideplate research

I am researching rideplates and i have noticed that some after market extended rideplates have a D Cut in the location of the small oval that is in the stock plate, what is the purpose of this oval in the stock or D Cut in the AM rideplate?

Is this actually the correct location to D Cut a rideplate instead of cutting a D on the end of the rideplate?

I am trying to eliminate porpoising at WOT on a almost all stock 86 X2, any recommendations?

Thanks

I ride smooth flat lake water and regardless of body position or trim settings when i reach top speed at WOT it will porpoise, if i back off throttle slightly it will smooth out.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am more interested in the science behind this oval in the stock rideplate, or the D Cut seen in AM rideplates (the red D). I understand the D Cut (black D) at the back of the rideplate.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Attachments

• Rideplate.jpg
    Rideplate.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for the suggestions!

I am more interested in the science behind this oval in the stock rideplate, or the D Cut seen in AM rideplates (the red D). I understand the D Cut (black D) at the back of the rideplate.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Hey Les the d cut on the end of the ride plate is for freestyle it lightens the front of the ski at slower speeds so it is easy to jump and as you go faster it has enough off the plate to push the nose down a little. Cutiing the d cut farther up on the ride plate acuatally takes in water to hold the back off the ski so it does not kick out so easy on fast turns it loads the ride plate sort of. Some of the race plates now even have slits cut on the sides of the plates trying to keep them hook up. Just extend the plate you are going to use and d cut it under the nozzle and that will work good for you.

Top Bottom