Super Jet rivia or b pipe

Ive got a square nose 650. When I bought the ski she had a rivia pipe but heard a lot of good thiings about the b pipe at wavedaze and was wondering wut the main difference was. Would it really be worth the money to changes pipes?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
the b pipe has tune-able water screws in the headpipe which not all aftermarket pipes do. That is the big advantage to the pipe.

On a 650 you won't notice enough of a difference for a 700 dollar pipe. You will be better off putting some money away towards a 701 down the road. The preferable 701 has 62T cases with a 61X cylinder. However the 61X cased/61X cylindered motor still makes more power than a 650 and can be had a bit cheaper than the prior.

All I ever hear is how a 701 is so much better than a 650. Does that mean a 760 is that much better than a 701 or how about a 718 ported(blue)? I am sure I could just search it but the question sort of just popped in my head when I read this.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
a 760 has port timing that is more suited for a heavy sit down ski. it is weak on the bottom end but pulls harder in the mid range to top end.

a 61X 701 cylinder has the best port timing for a standup.

a 701 makes more power than a 650 that is why everyone says that. Just look at the motors in person and you will see how much more air the 701 will process compared to the 650

a ported 701(bored to 718) will be a great motor and will pull hard all around due to the porting. That would be a great investment for you down the road.

My suggestion is to read as many threads as you can and get to as many freerides or gatherings as you can and try different skis. This will give you an idea of what you want to build.

a 760 has port timing that is more suited for a heavy sit down ski. it is weak on the bottom end but pulls harder in the mid range to top end.

a 61X 701 cylinder has the best port timing for a standup.

a 701 makes more power than a 650 that is why everyone says that. Just look at the motors in person and you will see how much more air the 701 will process compared to the 650

a ported 701(bored to 718) will be a great motor and will pull hard all around due to the porting. That would be a great investment for you down the road.

My suggestion is to read as many threads as you can and get to as many freerides or gatherings as you can and try different skis. This will give you an idea of what you want to build.

Thanks for the knowledge! Learn something new everyday. I don't ever buy anything until I spend numerous hours doing research on it (had no intentions of dropping a new motor in any time soon so didn't do much research on it). Got to learn how to master the 701 before I ever think of going up any.

yea im not quiet sure but i think my 650 has had some head work it seems beefer that a factory 650. And i have noticed wut a pain the rivia is to work around i had a exhaust leak that gummed up the starter and it was aan act of congress to remove the starter.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
A b pipe manifold will fit on a 760 cylinder, but you either have to drill the holes bigger on the manifold for the larger bolts the 760 cyl uses or install timecerts to use the smaller 61X sized bolts.

The riva freeride dry pipe (which is the same as a factory pipe type 4 dry pipe) is a pretty good pipe, I run one on my 97 superjet with a 62t/61x and it makes way better bottom end than stock and absolutely rips in the mid/top end. Installing it is a little bit of a hassle.

my buddies stock 61x 701 sj is a turd, i just bought a waveraider with trailer for 700 with a 62t 701 and swapped with my 650 sj, sold the now 650 raider to a buddy for 400 with the trailer, he knew it was a 650 and thats damn cheap for a nice trailer and fully functioning ski, and with ltd factory pipe it hits wayyyy hard. The dual carbs are NOT as hard as everyone says they are to tune dont be affraid to jump in and make your ski your own, read read read then gooooo. ltd chamber is designed for bottom end, and honestly wot isnt that fun all day

Top Bottom