SBN44 for X2 - Recommendation on what intake manifold

I plan to install an SBN44 on my 1991 X2 that is currently running a 650 with a CDK II 38. I also have limited FX1 (Factory Pipe, 144 Pump) and I like the idea of both my skis having the same Carb (stock one rebuild kit) . . . also hoping that the 44 will give me some incremental performance benefit on the X2.

I do not want to tweak linkage on the SBN. I also want to use my stock X2 cables. What is the shortest path for me doing the install on the X2? Options as I see them:

1. Can I modify the stock X2 650 intake manifold to accommodate? What needs to be done?
2. Purchase a SBN44 adapter that I have seen listed from time to time for around $50.
3. Purchase a differentX2 650 intake manifold. Recommendations?

Ski has a WC Pipe, WC Head, Factory Water Box, Decent Pump w/15.5 Impeller. Desire is all around good performance with a preference for low end grunt.

Share your wisdom please.

Thanks!

Just get a westcoast manifold for the 44 they are easy to come by. You can port the stock manifold, but your wasting your time... put some stuffers in it while you have the manifold off.

Just get a westcoast manifold for the 44 they are easy to come by. You can port the stock manifold, but your wasting your time... put some stuffers in it while you have the manifold off.

Thanks. No need to tweak linkage with the Westcoast manifold?

Also . . . newbie question . . . "stuffers" ? Must be something to improve intake flow.

Thanks again,

Thanks. No need to tweak linkage with the Westcoast manifold?

Also . . . newbie question . . . "stuffers" ? Must be something to improve intake flow.

Thanks again,

your running a stock airfilter?? and the acc cable comes off that??..... yeah you will need to make up a bracket, or buy one they are about $15, unlesss your running a flame arrestor your going to have to buy a new filter also.. id recomend a standard SJ 650 filter, bolts up to a mukuni and is prob the best to keep the water out!! you will be able to mantain the acc cable you have, might be good to buy an accel drum if your going to make your own bracket (easy to make), that way getting it right isnt so important.

Better option is to buy a mukuni with a bracket, manifold and filter on it!!

I will most likely use a stock flame arrester that come off a 1995 FX1. Once I get the carb, manifold and compare some Superjet linkage with what comes off the X2. I'll post what pieces I used.

I have a COMPLETE setup ill sell you jetted for a 650 that will bolt on. aftermarket 44 intake, SBN44, has the backside mount throttle linkage, with a aftermarket billet adapter and K&N air filter. Whole setup for 150 email me for pictures or if your intrested in just single pieces. freeflowdiablo@gmail.com

Top Bottom