Other Scissor stand for JS440?

Looking for a scissor stand that I can move my JS-440 around on in my garage. All of the stands I find on ebay say "In water use only".

What's the deal with that? Will they A) be narrow enough for a JS440, and B) support the weight on dry land?

Thanks!

Not sure on the answer, but you should post this in the Product Reviews section under any one of the existing sections. in fact, anyone with a question or a review of a type of product should post there. Its my understanding that it will help in the future with organization of the site. When they get enough questions/reviews posted about a type of jetski product, like say hauling/storing/stands, they might make an entire section dedicated to it. Just a suggestion :wavey: I made a review for shoes, hoping that it would lead to a "riding gear" section, but I had to post it in the handling section for now. Mods correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of that.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Looking for a scissor stand that I can move my JS-440 around on in my garage. All of the stands I find on ebay say "In water use only".

What's the deal with that? Will they A) be narrow enough for a JS440, and B) support the weight on dry land?

Thanks!

l have built and used wood stands for years in my shop.You can build one with 4 wheels,about 8 2x4's,and some deck screws for around $50.Center of rails should be 13" if memory serves me correctly.Build it to the same height as your trailer or bed of truck.Makes it simple.

l have built and used wood stands for years in my shop.You can build one with 4 wheels,about 8 2x4's,and some deck screws for around $50.Center of rails should be 13" if memory serves me correctly.Build it to the same height as your trailer or bed of truck.Makes it simple.

Yeah I did this already, but it's large, not easily taken with me, etc. Would also like something a little more sturdy.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
440/550/Superjet/SXR/650/750 all have the same spacing 12 1/2" centers. An aluminum scissor stand is adjustable. like others said, you can build something, Some people take the alum stands and build a dolly for it to sit on, that way you can use it both ways.

john zigler

Vendor Account
You can use a scissor stand on dry ground, it is just that it does NOT have wheels. We use them all the time. A regular shop cart has wheels, so you can roll your machine around if you need to move it. Like BigK says, you could build a dolly to set the scissor stand in, with wheels, so you can roll it.

I have both in stock here if you need. Scissor stands, and shop stands with wheels. Send me an email or call if I can help.

harbor freight sells four wheeled square movers dollies for like 15 bucks. they work great for holding skis and move around easily.

You try just sitting it on the dolly? the angle isn't that bad to work on stuff. I did my footholds last season on it and didn't notice it being too low.

Top Bottom