Scupper recommendations?

I'm wondering what you guys recommend for a good scupper. I searched and didn't find any one scupper that worked better than the others. I just took out my two leaking 1 1/2" check valves...both rubber flaps had cracked so they weren't working anyways. I've been looking at blowsion's, x-metal's, wamiltons, etc. Just wanting some opinions from those that have installed/used them. Thanks.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Hey Cam.....I've had real good luck with the Blowsion One Way I installed.
Works nice and doesn't leak much at all.

How did you install it? The pic of how it works shows it's installed on the hull...can it be put mid line in the pvc? Does it just slip inside a piece of pvc?

Waternut

Customizing addict
If you're really worried about water, use dual 800 bilge pumps and don't look back. Guarenteed not to leak!

Since I felt very geeky today, here's some mega wiener math for you assuming perfect conditions. If your 2" pvc scupper could flow water in the same conditions as putting a a funnel on top of the pipe (like a beer bong) then the max flow rate that gravity could drain the water out of your hull is 1900 gph. Now we all know that scuppers don't allow water to flow anywhere near that perfectly and the ski must be moving for the water to flow out anyway. So in a non perfect world, I'd bet 2 800 gph pumps could empty your hull faster than a scupper.

Just food for thought...

Top Bottom