Surfriding Sea Side Florida Place to put the skis in

I am going to the Gulf Coast this weekend. I want to take my skis with me but its hard to tell if i will be able toput them in anywhere and if i can beach them on the beach
We will be in Rosemary beach/seaside area. Does anyone one know if there is a place to launch the skis either on the beach or close so there is not a long ride after putting them in? The other question is can i beach the skis or am i going to have problems with the Police?
The lake I live on we can do just about anything we want but not sure what the laws are like in FL on the coast.
I have 4x4 and a trailer but no beach cart. Help please Thanks

wow sea side man i live 2 miles from philips inlet thats gonna be the best bet we all ride sunday and u should come out to lake powell curently the pass is closed but if you come on sunday we will slide them across the pass if theres some decent surf but if not still fun at the lake is shallow in some spotsd so be carefull and no u will not get introuble for beaching your ski but now taking a vehicle on the beach just go up to the cops and ask for a ticket to save yourself the gas are you bringing your bike down thats in your avatar

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
What he said ^^^^

We used to go down there and put in in Lake Powell, then slide the skis across the pass (dry). The 615 boys in TN know what I'm talking about... good times!
That pass and lake powell are right by the Pinnacle Port resort (if it's still called that?)

We have the use of my wifes bosses house every year for the weekend hes a big baller. Its free I just got board last year so I thought why not take the skis if I can find a way to at least get the SJ to the water I can play while the wife chills on the beach.
What if I had a beach cart would I have a problem with the cops if I walked the ski accross the beach and launched it off the beach?

Let us know how it goes at Seaside. I would assume there are a lot of rich and spoiled people that would not appreciate a ski riding near their beach. There will be a few of us riding out the Destin Pass. But, most of our local ridiers will be at the races in Montgomery this weekend. The guys down at lake Powell are good guys. The last time I rode with them I went over my handle pole going up the pass. Good Times.

Moondance

Just plain me....
What he said ^^^^

We used to go down there and put in in Lake Powell, then slide the skis across the pass (dry). The 615 boys in TN know what I'm talking about... good times!
That pass and lake powell are right by the Pinnacle Port resort (if it's still called that?)
Or launch off a 6ft wall of sand motocross style.....lol

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Most beach communities have local ordinances that prevent launching of motorized watercraft from the beach.

yeah i say just call them and ask ur best bet would be just drive to camp helen state park let the wife go to the beach and u go launch at lake powell sorry dont know anyone with a beach cart im still in the process of building mine

I borrowed Gil's beach cart. I asked the lifeguard he said as long as I dont drive my truck on the beach he didnt see a problem with it. I found a public access point that has flat walk way all the way to the beach. I guess we will see what happens Friday. I am only taking the SJ out. I found a spot by Reds bar that too bad you need a local permit.... You can drive right out on the beach and leave your truck there all day only if you have a permit.... I dont.

Oh yea technically I am at Rosemarry beach.....

Last edited:
Well it was fun while it lasted..... No it it was not the cops. No it was not the locals. No it was not the uptight rich people. I was having fun wave jumping (getting my ass kicked really) when I landed wrong and well I broke my foot. :( on my way to the hosptial.

I have to say th people on the beach were AWESOME. a couple of guys came over and loaded my ski in the my truck while the paramedics looked at my foot. The time they were saying "man i did think they made these things any more and WOW were you getting some air".

Thats cool the locals were good with it. Its not cool you screwed yourself up. Glad you had a good time for a bit. Hope it heals quick.

In walton county there are permits to drive on the beach, but they are trying to cut them down to 200 permits. I guess they are up in arms about that.

ya and you have to own land to even get a permit or so i heard.did u jus launch right there at red bar?i jus made a beach cart today and i get my rickter fs1 tomorrow so im gonna be looking for a good spot sunday to launch with the new cart

No I just went to a public access point. Put the ski on a beach dolly walked it out to the beach. Stopped and talked to the lifeguard to make sure it was cool. I told him if the cops say something I would just leave. The cpos stopped by and asked how i got the ski to the beach when i explained it they said have fun dont get hurt. I gues one out of two isnt bad.

haha 1 out of 2 well at least you had some fun but hey if need be you can still bring the ski by the lake and we will run the gas out of it for you since it looks like you wont be riding for a while :-] jk forgot to tell you also watch out for the sand bar but sure you realized that one pretty soon

yeah i heard that they cut it down and now you have to have a reason to be on the beach such as running a beach service and everyone was furious cause they had to drive further to the state park boat ramp and you have to be a resident

''ya and you have to own land to even get a permit or so i heard.did u jus launch right there at red bar?i jus made a beach cart today and i get my rickter fs1 tomorrow so im gonna be looking for a good spot sunday to launch with the new cart ''

bring it to the lake

if yall are going riding tomorrow me and my buddy will meet ya there for sure,we were jus gonna launch from beach somewhere around here to test new cart but i can another day,i have never launched at the lake so prob be good to check it out

Top Bottom