section for "Aftermarket hulls" in the Skis section

I have a suggestion:

In the Skis section there is a link for all the popular OEM models of standup/sport class..I remember discussion before about one for EVERY model of standup and that would agreeably be WAY to many..

How bout 1 extra link designated "Aftermarket Hulls?"

Anyone???

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I really don't see the point. If anything I think this site is divided up too much already. Do we really need a Driveline section? That stuff can either go in General or by specific ski.

And the Ski area seems very redundant. Unless only generic (not model specific) questions are the only ones allowed in General, we don't need to break it down that far. I mean there is more Super Jet tech in the General section than there is in the Super Jet section. Keep custom hulled skis in the General section because most of them can/will be made to accept any driveline configuration you want.

I'd get rid of many of the different Ski sections. I'd leave Blaster, X2, add 650 to the 440/550 section (650 doesn't have a section if you notice), and everything else can go in General. SX/SXI/SXI Pro, Octane, Super Jet, SXR, and FX-1 are all new enough and still relevant.

butti

lone wolf
i think it is needed now more than ever since there are all these non superjet hulls available now.

rickter fs1
eme q8
envey
rev
matrix

you get the idea

Cannibal

Tasty Human
So each hull should have it's own section? Even if I had my own, I can't imagine I'd need to have a section dedicated to it. I can always search for information on that particular hull if I need, or post a new topic in General. If I had a Matrix, is a section full of Envies and Revs really going to help me? Maybe for some ideas, but just browse the Ski Buildups section. Sorry, I just can't see how spreading the information even thinner is going to help.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
So each hull should have it's own section? Even if I had my own, I can't imagine I'd need to have a section dedicated to it. I can always search for information on that particular hull if I need, or post a new topic in General. If I had a Matrix, is a section full of Envies and Revs really going to help me? Maybe for some ideas, but just browse the Ski Buildups section. Sorry, I just can't see how spreading the information even thinner is going to help.

The way we've run the site for 3.5 years now has been working pretty well I think, and one thing we do is listen to people and this new forum makes sense.

It's for aftermarket/custom/hybrid hulls/skis, just any kind of 'peg' that doesn't in a standard hole.

http://www.x-h2o.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Also, the driveline forum is one of the more popular ones here along with General, and a thread on a good deal for a battery fits in General better than Driveline, while a carb comparison fits in Driveline better than General IMO. We (at least I) don't move stuff between those 2 forums though because they are fairly generic.

Last edited:

butti

lone wolf

i think we are talking about a one section for all non oem built huls.

Top Bottom