Other Serious rebuild on my Novi 42's.....Need a little Help ASAP!

cmeripper26

Ripper26
I'm running Mikuni dual 42''s bored over by NOVI. I went to throw a fresh re-build kit in before i get into my season to find that the slave carb due to the lovely ethanol in gas has siezed up the pilot jet. As soon as i put a flat head to it the edges broke right away. I had a spare set of the same carbs that had the same problem. I dont really want to have to pay NOVI to re-drill the pilot holes...... so i took the two Master (Fuel pump side) carbs and put the two together to make my dual set. First question is the venturi T-Fitting which is piped between the two carbs on the inboard side is no longer an option because both carbs are the masters putting one fitting on the inboard and the other on the outboard....can i use the t-fitting and 1/8" hose to make this connection. Also does it make a difference that the high speed and low speed adjustment screws are on the same side as the other carb? Basically is the way i have the duals setup being both fuel pump sides work as a normal set of duals? I dont hack but im not positive about this solution......Any carb experts.. im looking for any help or advice! Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom