Surfriding Shortened SN build

So here's my new build : It's a SN, shortened by 3" in the back, fully re-enforce and modified nose. I know everybody like pics...

Started with a ugly hull (had a good deal on it as is on the pics:
IMG_0322.jpg

Then I removed all the wet foam in it (25lbs on old :):):):)y wet and moist foam)
IMG_0331.jpg

I also widened the tray by 2"
IMG_0365.jpg

Scealed the joint with urethan scealer
IMG_0363.jpg

new foam
IMG_0368.jpg

3" removed with a angle at the back
IMG_0366.jpg

ATP foothold and front foothold molding
IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Vacuumed the fibreglass and carbon-kevlar front foothold
IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Here is the inside. Side are re-enforced with 2 ply of 10oz fiber and 1 ply of carbon fiber and carbon-kevlar in the bottom to patch cracks and reenforce
IMG_0385.jpg

Here is the nose modification
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

I will modified the nose again to move the pole bracket forward a few inches. This way I will not have to cut my AC pole and will get better handling.

I'm open to your comments and suggestions, don't be shy.

loictahiti

Site Supporter
Hey GUIGS , nice project , joli projet , je vois aussi que tu traine par ici, ce site est une mine d'informations, mes 3 sites préférés sont ici, ELPROFESSOR.COM et aussi Jetparadise

Some news! The brainstorming for moving the handle pole bracket is done. Here is roughly what it looks like. I finally moved the bracket 4.5" forward, but I'm gonna mode the turn plat 1.5 " to the back. So It will ride like a 3" shortened pole but with even better handling.

here is some pics.

There is nothing like a sawsall to modify a jet ski!! haha!

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

The nose now completly different from the pics. It's WAY better, I'm glassing the nose this week. Hopefully it will be painted and re-assemble in 2-3 weeks just in time for the new season. I'll take some more pics next time I work on it.

I have not updated my project on this site for a while. It will be completely done and ready to ride tomorrow. I'll post pics and vids of final result, but for now here is a few pics.

2011-07-28161757.jpg

2011-07-28161749.jpg

2011-07-30130437.jpg

Awesome, i chopped mine 3" from the back also you will love the way it rides. Its a little sketchy at high speeds lol.... But i love the pole and nose mod, i should of done that also..

Top Bottom