Signs not to ride??

Swooperjet

Bring the brap!!
Anybody ever have signs pop up that tell you to stay off your ski that day?

Me, Wayne, his wife, my step daughter and her friend that's visiting from Iowa went to the lake today for a ride. Well, I took one of Wayne's Honda's out to pull the girls on the tube. All went well. Then.........

I get on my sj and head out for a quick spin. As soon as I left the no wake zone I tried a flatwater br. I didn't get my eyes closed quick enough and out pops my left contact lens. Great.
So I head back in and luckily find an old lens in a case in my truck. Cool, right? So I head back out and bingo.....the exact same thing happens except the right lens this time. No more spares. I'd only lost one lens in five or six years of riding, now two back to back in a span of 5 minutes on the water. I start thinking maybe I should give it up for the day, but no.....I head out towards the bridge to catch some waves. About 10 minutes later snap, there goes my throttle cable. :soapbox:(it actually came lose from the bracket at the carb, but thought it broke at the time). WTF?????
So Wayne had to ride in and get on a Honda to come tow my arse back in. I mean seriously??? I gave it up for the day after all that crap happened in a matter of 15 minutes. I mean what the hell else woulda happened if I'd of kept my ass out there?

Anybody else ever had a string of shlt like that happen that made you think twice about being out there on your ski that day?

Oh yeah.....one of my bilge pumps gave out on me too at the same time.

Hopefully Sunday will be a better day!!

Last edited:
Anybody ever have signs pop up that tell you to stay off your ski that day?

Me, Wayne, his wife, my step daughter and her friend that's visiting from Iowa went to the lake today for a ride. Well, I took one of Wayne's Honda's out to pull the girls on the tube. All went well. Then.........

I get on my sj and head out for a quick spin. As soon as I left the no wake zone I tried a flatwater br. I didn't get my eyes closed quick enough and out pops my left contact lens. Great.
So I head back in and luckily find an old lens in a case in my truck. Cool, right? So I head back out and bingo.....the exact same thing happens except the right lens this time. No more spares. I'd only lost one lens in five or six years of riding, now two back to back in a span of 5 minutes on the water. I start thinking maybe I should give it up for the day, but no.....I head out towards the bridge to catch some waves. About 10 minutes later snap, there goes my throttle cable. :soapbox:(it actually came lose from the bracket at the carb, but thought it broke at the time). WTF?????
So Wayne had to ride in and get on a Honda to come tow my arse back in. I mean seriously??? I gave it up for the day after all that crap happened in a matter of 15 minutes. I mean what the hell else woulda happened if I'd of kept my ass out there?

Anybody else ever had a string of shlt like that happen that made you think twice about being out there on your ski that day?

The throttle cable on my 550 came loose at the turn plate 2 or 3 times one day, and days prior. Now its loctite and lockwasher secure, and i ride another ski mostly.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
ive had many days like that. they usually come just after doing major work that makes you very confident and calm in your ski...then all hell breaks loose. i figured it was just part of the sport to sometimes go home and want to cry at everything.
LOL

vitalikol

Jetski-Snowboard
I went out with brand new glasses $500 (prescription sunglasses with Transitions lenses) and forget to put this floting band for glasses. You know what happend after couple minuts of riding - I fall off ski on the sharp turn and glasses went scuba diving.

Had one like that a few months ago. Went out and 5 minutes into my ride I hear something flopping around in the hull. One of my FA came off. I secured that back on and then went out again. My ski then had no power and kept dying. I finally get back to shore and found my primer line to the carb had come loose and there was a ton of gas in my hull:ugh:. Needless to say I am lucky I did not blow up that day. After that I packed up and went home.

vitalikol

Jetski-Snowboard
When you walk out the door in the morning and see this in the sky......

.....just go back inside, have another cup of coffee, and stay home. It's NOT going to be a good day.

Attachments

• Wether.jpg
    Wether.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 26
happened to us today!

broke a battery terminal 10 minutes out...came back, ran home to get parts to fix....

fixed it..started it, noticed a shaky motor....4 broken motor mounts

then, hit the throttle just by coincidence and the throttle cable broke!

lol

Top Bottom