Surfriding Silicone hood seal

Whos done one, what tips and advise do you have and what silicone did you use/did you like the result? Was thinking of using pool gap sealer, the real soft stuff. Might just pour in and compress enough without sitting the hood on while it cures.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Somebody is doing it, can't for the life of me remember where I saw it but there is an AM hull manufacturer using a poured in silicone hood seal.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Tigercarft is using them on all there hulls now.
That was it, thanks.

34820139170_26605c8898_h.jpg

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Whos done one, what tips and advise do you have and what silicone did you use/did you like the result? Was thinking of using pool gap sealer, the real soft stuff. Might just pour in and compress enough without sitting the hood on while it cures.

What hull are you going to try this on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it leaking that bad? Like I said way back when. Best way to seal that 50cal hood is to drill out the hood latch and run a bolt with a wingnut on that sucker. I probaly got over 60 hrs on that setup and it leaks very little. I can't tell you how many flips I flopped and the hood just doesn't buge.

I did see the hood seal on a new Tiger Craft SV Pro today and it looks really tight. It would still be a good idea to do this on your ski. Please let me know how it works and what you use.

IMG_7017.JPG

2HIGH4U

Princess POWER
Is it leaking that bad? Like I said way back when. Best way to seal that 50cal hood is to drill out the hood latch and run a bolt with a wingnut on that sucker. I probaly got over 60 hrs on that setup and it leaks very little. I can't tell you how many flips I flopped and the hood just doesn't buge.

I did see the hood seal on a new Tiger Craft SV Pro today and it looks really tight. It would still be a good idea to do this on your ski. Please let me know how it works and what you use.

View attachment 337706
That's some nice paint on that ski

Ooooooooooooooo its so sparkly!

Yes its my 50cal. The latch is not the problem, it sealed great for 5 tanks or so but now its just not as snug. Yes i did the dollar test at the time of assembly and she was snug all around. Now its no go.

It looks like the way to do it is just pour enough to get good contact on both sealing surfaces all around, make sure your gaps are set up with spacers and just let it all set. Ill try it with out sanding the seal area to make it easier to remove if im not happy with the first try.

Top Bottom