Other Single handed JS440 in my SUV

Hi, I am new to the forum and stand ups... I picked up an old JS440, and damn I'm hooked now. Problem is, I don't have a trailer for it. I could get one, but it wouldn't really help me get it in and out of the water.. I am in Florida and where I ride there are no boat ramps, just private beach with shallow water. Even with a trailer I wouldn't get it deep enough to float it back onto the trailer when I'm done.

I've been rounding up friends to help me lift my ski in and out of my SUV, but I'd like to be able to handle it by myself when I need to. I will probably end up riding alone because I don't know anyone near me who rides old slow jet skis.

Any ideas how I can get it in and out of my SUV? I've seen the ramp with wheels, great idea, it might work, I am not sure it would fit in my SUV with the ski though.

Beach cart also sounds good, but not sure it would fit in my SUV either.

I could get a trailer and strap a ramp with wheels to it so I can roll it on and off the trailer by myself. That would work but I hate to get a trailer when the ski fits nicely in the back of my car.

Maybe I coud just drag it up it up to the SUV, lift the nose onto the bumper and push it in? Haven't tried it... it's pretty heavy, not sure if I could do it.

Thanks

Last edited:

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
How about just some kind of cart with big wheels that you can break down to fit in the SUV. Drag ski from SUV onto wheeled cart, wheel cart into water, dump ski. Reverse when loading up.

I like OCDSolutions solution though, if you can get your SUV close enough to the water to slide it off a hitch hauler, that'd be your best bet...and no more wet cargo area either.

On a side note I once self loaded my SJ into the back of my pickup. Backed in as much as I felt comfortable, the water was still a good foot & a half from the tailgate. So close yet SO far. I'm still not sure how I did it but it involved an intricate assortment of trailer straps-turned-pulley system, and about a half hour of pushing and pulling. Thought about bunny hopping it into the truck but wasn't wanting a smashed tailgate and nose if I miscalculated.

Last edited:

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
You can do it man - beach cart. I once (by myself) put my 440 into the back seat of my 1971 Impala convertible so I could go ride with friends.

Top Bottom