SJ Weird Cavitation problems( Plz Help!)

so i was breaking in my engine today and blipping the throttle and when i would let go it would vibrate kinda bad for a split second while letting the throttle go. then when i try and give it gas it just cavitates like crazy.

I pulled the rideplate and intake grate to make sure nothing was in the pump and there wasnt. so i put back it all and took it out .

worked fine for about 10 min then the same thing happened while blipping the throttle. i would let go it would vibrate kinda bad for a split second then when i try and give it gas it just cavitates like crazy any where past 1/4 throttle. but it would still have some pump pressure out of it to get me back to shore........ slow but would get me back.

and idea whats wrong?!?!?

Thanks,

Blazer

Last edited:

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
either the pump seal is shot allowing air into the pump cavity causing cavitation
or the midshaft may be shot allowing air to get in that way

i just pulled the engine to put in b pipe and kenny keepers and install bilge, and intake grate and quick steer mod on reduction nozzle

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem on a old kawasaki 650sx. I found out that a piece of a rope was tucked around the axle. It felt like heavy vibrations that went trough the hole jet. Just try to look around the pump/intakegrate if anything that should not be there is:)

oh, so just so you know the problem was fixed.

i took ride plate and intake grate off and soliconed them on. it worked perfect.

i dont know if there was something in my pump when i was at the river and when i shut off the engine it flew off.... no idea.

but there was ALOT of debris in the water that day

Top Bottom