FX-1 Slutty FX1 build 2013 / Surf Ski

Got a stock FX hull w/ widened tray, footies, and stock hood.

need 650 pump, proper shaft, OEM pole.

Anyone have any good tips or tricks let me know.

Gonna start priming and getting the hull straight and paint her up yellow Monday, then I'll start working the pump area, adding chubbies, figuring out proper pole length and stuff like that.

So stoked on this project, been wanting to do this for a while and after the freeride I am pumped to rock this out!!

fx1 build-6.jpgfx1 build-4.jpgfx1 build-1.jpgfx1 build-8.jpgfx1 build-7.jpgfx1 build-3.jpgfx1 build-5.jpgfx1 build-2.jpg

Last edited:

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
You will need a 900zxi drive shaft, and the oem midshaft housing. The oem housing will need to be opened up to accept the kawi drive shaft bearings. You will need some chop strand to reinforce the pump tunnel when grinding down the pump tunnel to accept the 650 pump.

Hope this helped. I'm in the middle of doing all of this.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
You will never go back...

The motivation here was the subliminal brain washing session....(medicinal grilled chicken & flashing lights from the BIG screen, w/front row seating)... Effective every time.

Ha Ha...chubbies

i got everything for a kawi pump conversion but honestly with your size id suggest yami 144. might as well just hack and graft a yami pump cavity or get TOM21's pump cavity.

Nick do yourself a favor and take the time to do the 144 yamaha swap. Coming from a superjet you will be dissatisfied with the hook up of the 140 kawi. The 140 kawi is worlds better then the stock fx pump but to make the 140 kawi have anywhere near the hookup of a stock yamaha 144 you need to run a r&d pump sleeve which has to be modified (because it was made for the sxr version of the kawi 140). The r&d alone will cost you 300 plus having someone modify it so it will fit the 650 kawi 140. I rode chasingdaylight's fx with stock 144 yami back to back with my kawi 140 with no pump sleeve and stock sxr prop and there was NO COMPARISON.

I'm gonna start w/ the 140 conversion, if I don't like it I'll rip the thing apart and do up the 144. Others seem to think that the 140 will be ok. All I can do is try it out.

Either way it wont be a horrible choice. Just keep in mind, i will bet you that those people who say it will be ok, either have built already or are building a ski with a bigger pump. Funny you dont see JD ride the orange ski much anymore.... hmmmmmm lol. No offense meant!

todc207

Drama diffuser
Looks like its gonna be sweet Nick. Wish I was closer to ya. I just moved my business into a new 5600 sq ft facility I would spray that thing for ya for free for all the hard work you put into the free ride. Good luck can't wait to see it done. If you need any custom brackets made or welded that we could ship easy let me know.

Looks like its gonna be sweet Nick. Wish I was closer to ya. I just moved my business into a new 5600 sq ft facility I would spray that thing for ya for free for all the hard work you put into the free ride. Good luck can't wait to see it done. If you need any custom brackets made or welded that we could ship easy let me know.

thanks bro!!!

swapmeet

Brotastic
Couple things. If you swap to 144 you can use intake grate and ride plates from SJ's. so you'll have choices and they'll be less expensive.

Also a better selection of impellers.

And lastly.... If you seriously anticipate going to 144 eventually, why not just do the work once?

Good luck! Sounds like fun. I'm working on mine right now. If I think of anything else Ill post up.

TOBY

BNA
sluttie its less work to do the 144yam than the kaw, i did a kaw for one of the guys up here works good but is not a 144.

good luck bro. TOBY

Top Bottom