Super Jet smallest drain plug???

Frosty

New York Crew
so what is the smalled drain plug out there? I'm thinking about installing some sort of drain in the transom of my new hull, but have limited space so size needs to be small...

I'm running poly foam, so water absorbtion is not an issue, but I still want a way to drainn out any water that does make it in...

Attachments

• WP_000047.jpg
    WP_000047.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 161

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
I used an M6 nut epoxy-glued to the inside of the hull when I did my refoam. I have a very low-profile allen-head screw on the outside, thats all. Feel free to have a look at my build (link below).

I used an M6 nut epoxy-glued to the inside of the hull when I did my refoam. I have a very low-profile allen-head screw on the outside, thats all. Feel free to have a look at my build (link below).

Yeah I used an M8 allen head bolt. I drilled and tapped a bit of 12mm plate and epoxyed it to the inside of the hull. Then just put an o ring under the bolt head and it won't leak.

Andrew

my solution of the smallest drain plug

Attachments

• IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3474.jpg
    IMG_3474.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3476.jpg
    IMG_3476.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3475.jpg
    IMG_3475.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3496.jpg
    IMG_3496.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 189
i found an awsome shop for hydraulics here in germany where i bought the pieces. you can buy everey fitting you can imagine out of every material you can imagine there!
my drain plug is a bulkhead fitting with a o-ringed plug. i taped the plug and loctiteted a bolt with a washer into it for security so i can´t loose it (the bolt will hold the plug because it does not fit trough the bulkhead fitting)

here`s the link, maybe you have a similar shop overseas:

http://www.industrieartikel.com/PublishedFiles/kap_2_inhalt_n.pdf

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I just picked these up from ACE hardware and they seem like they will work good. I just used them to put sponsons on my couch. A little 5200 and I dont think its going anywhere

f835cc15.jpg

35f40f3f.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I had to hammer these in to get them in. It's hard to see with the camera from my phone. But I put these on my couch and jumped on one of them to see if it would pop out and it was in there.

Top Bottom