Smith Lake Ride-Sept. 30, 2006

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Smith Lake is in Cullman Alabama 35057
does the weekend of September 30 work for everyone?
We will be at Smith Lake Park in Cullman and be able to
beach our ski's on the bank of the park pretty darn close to camping area-I would guesstimate a 100 yard walk from
tents/cabins to shoreline. There is also a good bit of room to park trucks at shoreline. If there is some decent response here I will try to negotiate a 'bargain price' for us for the weekend. Nice restrooms/showers/facilitys and several gas stations/stores real close and 1 restaraunt 1 mile from park w/GREAT food!!! And I live 2 miles from the park if anyone needs a garage to do major surgery or if the weather turns to crap-we got a place to stay that is close.

FX-1 test ride

Hey Steeldogg, is that the same lake where I test rode the FX-1? Don't think I can make that ride, But maybe someday can ride with you guys. FX-1 running great .thanks again:biggthumpup:

GIL

I'm not Steeledog, but know him well-yes-that is the same spot u 2 met to do the FX1 deal. And I think u or Jarrod got a ticket that day??? Anyway-yes-same spot.

No Ticket For Me

No way man ,all I got that day was Frost Bite and a FX-1 to ride.Don't know about Jarrod he did'tsay.Anyway for what Iseen of the lake ,really liked it.would like to ride it again,maybe in the summer this time.

GIL

WHAT?????????????????? You were the one tryin to get it goin on the other thread-u no show and we are makin a road trip to come and get u and drown u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
Besides, I'd be lonley in the tent by myself. LOL
And then there is the shorts swap thing-u know wut I'm talkin bout-LOLLOLLOL

GIL

Camping rates are
tent-14.30 night
cabins-60.50 night
call 256-739-2916 for reservations-
park should be empty that weekend and we will have it to
ourselves.

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
WHAT?????????????????? You were the one tryin to get it goin on the other thread-u no show and we are makin a road trip to come and get u and drown u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
Besides, I'd be lonley in the tent by myself. LOL
And then there is the shorts swap thing-u know wut I'm talkin bout-LOLLOLLOL

Yeah...but nationals weekend is gonna suck my wallet dry....and thats with me living small for the weekend. I'll see what I can do....I may just drive up and sleep in the back of the car or something. It's mainly up to the G/F's schedule ont his one.

I'm still interested for sure

GIL

OK-here is the deal-my house is 2 miles from SMith Lake Park-we can crash at the house at night for free-I was gonna camp out at the park-but-if it means you not coming-we can stay at the house for free. For that matter-
there is a extra bedroom upstairs w/a real bed in it-and the bowflex-in the living room there is a futon/sleeper sofa
and in the basement-2 more couches and I have a queen size air mattress. Yall do the math on how many u are comfortable sleepin with and I am cool w/it. Party at night at the house and ride at the SLP during the day??? I'm good w/it if thats wut yall wanna do.
ps-u better like dogs-2 dalmations, 1-bull boxer, 1-min doxen. sp?

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
Gil....I've been doing some math and I should be able to make it.....if it doesnt interfere with my g/fs schooling. She goes in $ with me on big trips we take. WE could sleep at the camp site. I'll just park my car on someones site and remove the back seats and make a bed.

Go ahead and get it going..with or without me it should still draw some other locals

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Looks like I'm in - in laws arriving from England the following week, so I'll need some serious BRAP time to get ready for that!

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Hey Gilligan What about Speagle's Landing for the Day tripper that are come? Like myself.
PRO's
Park wherever you want
No Wake Zones
No (No Boat Zones)
Lauch whereever you want
5 seconds from the park

CON's
$3.00 fee Launch
No Cabins
No Tent Camping
Ratting Bathrooms

GIL

Barbara-good idea-just didn't want to leave anyone that camps at park
'out in the cold' (cold shoulder treatment) if this makes any sense at all.
As of now-the only no wake is to the right of park if u r at park lookin at the water in front of the public boat ramp-which anything near the boat ramp is
only bout 3' deep right now anyway.

SOOOOOO-lets do a poll here-IF U R COMING TO THE RIDE THIS WEEKEND-
PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are u camping at park???
Are u crashing at my house???
Are u coming 1 day or the other???
Are u stayin at a hotel???

ps-the marina she is talkin bout is maybe 200 yards around the corner from
the park/and when I called Harold Speegle/owner, he was real stand offish
about the whole deal-keep in mind-I was askin him to let us pitch tents for a fee and camp there as well. I honestly think we could get as much or more crap out of him ---IF--- there were a bunch of us. Where as the people at the park SEEMED very cordial bout it, there again-its easy for them to be nice on the phone and could very well be total pricks w/we show up. If the crowd is somewhere in the 20-30 range-Harold would probaly laugh all the way to the bank and be glad to see us, more-he might get irritated-and he is a old sheit.

So whats every body doin-how many people do KNOW are coming w/u???

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I'm in a cabin in the park for two days.

:Banane01:

I'll be the good looking one.

Top Bottom