Other Smooth Turf in the Tray?

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
I had it on a 650 sx I bought years ago and it was horrible. Slippery no traction. Couldn't wait to get it off the sides were fine but def wouldn't use on the bottom

motoman3000

ride
Site Supporter
Have only used it 1 season so far on flat water in a sn w/ footholds. I wear addidas water shoes and seemed ok for my style riding. I can't say how it gets in the surf, prob not good.

I had a 750 sxi pro a few years back that had grey turf with a slight texture to it, really soft stuff, seemed like it would be great when the ski was on the trailer and dry.. As soon as you got in the water it was slick as snot... Several different shoes, bare foot, didn't matter. I don't think Spider-Man could have rode this thing. After the second broken toenail I ripped it off and put some hydro turf on it. I really like the molded diamond pattern that they offer. Only comes in black or grey but the stuff looks and works great! I've got it on all my skis.

TheCoz43

Jet Surfer
The Molded Diamond is also more durable, and won't rip as easy when installing on tight corners. Some guys around here use surf board wax on top of the turf for better grip. Doesn't look pritty, but it works.

Fro Diesel

creative control
It was on my freak when I bought it. Didn't think I would like it....but its great, good grip and no downside

Only downside I see is for you people who live where its warm and you put suntan lotion on your legs and put your knees in the tray to ride through the channel. Don't expect to stay in the tray. A little sand can fix that though.

It was on my freak when I bought it. Didn't think I would like it....but its great, good grip and no downside

Only downside I see is for you people who live where its warm and you put suntan lotion on your legs and put your knees in the tray to ride through the channel. Don't expect to stay in the tray. A little sand can fix that though.
I rode froski's freak in Daytona, didn't think I'd like the smooth turf but had no problem with it at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
The Molded Diamond is also more durable, and won't rip as easy when installing on tight corners. Some guys around here use surf board wax on top of the turf for better grip. Doesn't look pritty, but it works.
Surf wax? Hmm. That would be interesting to try out in footholds! I think i heard of someone doing that. I wanna try it.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Interesting how different some of the experiences are - I wonder what accounts for the difference?
I think I am going to do some experimenting with the smooth, roughing it up etc. and see how it works. Definitely not going to wax it though!

Top Bottom