sn with rn pole

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
quick question i am thinking that i may want to put the rn pole on my sn i mean i have the aluminum handle pole already but i have seen quiet a few sn's with the rn's pole can i get some feed back on it.
what is the difference and where do you get the bracket for the rn pole?
thanks,
Shane

Boris

The Good Old Days
You don't need a RN bracket. You can make the SN bracket work with some fender washers and a bit of clearancing.

The RN pole is much slimmer than that SN abortion and can be shortened with ease, is quite strong and relatively inexpensive.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
or you could just get a stock RN bracket and redrill holes. there are plenty of stocks as TONS of people replace them with beefier aftermarket units. only other thing you need to do is redrill and move your hood hooks. thats the route i took on my square.
or yes, washers work too. lol

Boris

The Good Old Days
If you like the length of your pole now why fak with it ?
Just ride unless you have too much cash.

Now, if you wanted to run a shorter pole than a RN pole might be the way to go.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I really like the RN pole on my square. I needed to go much shorter than the stock SN pole and I think the steering plate angle is better too. Just feels better all around. I made a custom bracket to mount mine that allows for the stock hood hook location and uses a RN spring. I'm having a few more of them made if you're interested, but yeah it is possible with either of the brackets.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
quick question i am thinking that i may want to put the rn pole on my sn i mean i have the aluminum handle pole already but i have seen quiet a few sn's with the rn's pole can i get some feed back on it.
what is the difference and where do you get the bracket for the rn pole?
thanks,
Shane

I make a great bushing kit for the RN pole to SQ bracket if your interested. No fender washers needed.

Aluminum and Delrin bushings.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
id have to say if you already have an aluminum pole and are happy with the length stick with that. the RN pole while stronger than the stock glass SN pole will still break before the aluminum one.

Superjet112x

superjetaholic
or you can contact ski-innovations.com they make a conversion bracket

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 48

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
The conversion is well worth it IMO just don't use a RN bracket. Do the washer thing or get the conversion bracket. With a RN bracket you have to relocate the hood hooks. Also with a stock RN bracket the pole won't go all the way up. SN poles are so freaking ugly, heavy, and long. It completely changes the ski for the better both looks and handling.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Just do it! Order the conversion bracket and get a RN pole. I went from a stock SN pole to a -6 setup and it was the best thing ever! Just do it you wont regret it!

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I think I paid around 100 bucks for my pole, and my bracket would be around 150. Not sure how much ski innovations is charging for theirs. But it's still a relatively cheap mod.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom