Snapped Cast Coupler Cover Mount -$#@$

To start I own a 1996 Yamaha Superjet....

The cast mount for my coupler cover snapped off my Motor (I havent a clue how or why)

I am NOT refering to the rubber dampener (Which is also broken), but the cast metal mount on the motor.

Is this something that can be fixed, or should I even bother?

Thank you in advance for all of your help,

Thanks X-H20!

noodle

I reckon I can break it!
I snapped mine too when I did a sub in shallow water and shattered the couplers. I just left mine off, it actually makes it easier to see if the engine or short shaft have moved, just need to make sure all the cables and hoses are tied up well so as not to get caught in the couplers.

casanova992

4U2NV
ebay, if you get any water in your hull and are running and aftermarket flame arrestor, not to mention if you ride in salt water, it could be like somewhat of a funnel for your carb.. That thing sprays water everywhere

D-Roc

I forgot!
my blowsion cover broke off both mine so i had to ghetto fab two extra brackets on the coupler cover that help hold it in place and bolt to the engine mount, here is a pic but it is hard to see. i would for sure get something over that coupler to keep the waterworks down.

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Those mounts are on the engine bedplate 'wings', so if you get a set of those you'll be fine.

Otherwise, you can try to ziptie it onto the engine, or glue something to the hull that it can ziptie to.

noodle

I reckon I can break it!
Yeah that is a fair call Casanova, I still have original flame arrestor with the intake at the front so I dont have that problem. I can see how some would though.:biggthumpup:

Top Bottom