Snsj freestyle mod help

zach471

square nosin
Hey guys I got a 90 sn and wanna turn it into a freestyle machine. Has prop rideplate and grate. I was thinking of having group k do there sleeper on my 650 cuz I don't have the money for a 701. And I wanna keep the 650 anyways. Is there any other porting that would be better than a sleeper kit for around same price? Any help would be great. Thanks

Really you should save and wait for a 701. There is only so much you can do with a 650 and you won't get the same return as a 701 for your money

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

zach471

square nosin
I can't do a 701 tho I gotta pay for school and bills and other poop so I jus wanna keep the 650 I have already saved for the sleeper for this winter!

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
If I was reading the right stuff you could take the $500 y saved and sell your 650 for $300 and just about have the money for a stock 701

Ice and aspirin heals any wound 

Motors are similar to girls. It is better to have a nice looking girls that doesn't need to wear makeup rather than an ugly one that needs makeup. 701 is the way to go.

Just make sure you don't find one that is beat up or else they may require makeup....

I would upgrade the 650 personally. As a similar person (don't have a lot of money, school, etc.), I find that having a ski that is fun and you slowly upgrade is better than saving forever and not having a good ski. I have a 650sx, and people (like everyone on this forum) goes and gives :):):):) advice about buy a superjet. Well news flash, the CHEAPEST superjet around here is $2500. And that's like bone stock, and a '98. That's assuming I can even find one. I would rather take the money from my pay check, and upgrade my 650sx which is a ton of fun to work on and ride, then once I graduate and get some money, I'll keep the my trusty 650sx and go big and buy a total bob-bitchin machine.

Now, I can't give advice on porting or sleeper kits or whatever, I just am in the same boat as you (and as you said, if you wanna keep the 650, why change?). Granted, winter is coming so little or no riding, but I would personally keep the 650 (which again, where I live in CO, a 650 that doesn't run AT ALL and looks like :):):):) goes for $300, a good condition one sells for $1000-$1500, so don't sell it for $300 like what's his face said); upgrade the 650, have a lot of fun, once your life isn't a cluster and you got some cash, buy a new ski and keep the current one, or ditch the current one (I love my 650sx and put too much work into it to sell it, even once I buy the fanciest jet ski ever).

Don't know if that helps. Good luck bro.

Last edited:

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
I would upgrade the 650 personally. As a similar person (don't have a lot of money, school, etc.), I find that having a ski that is fun and you slowly upgrade is better than saving forever and not having a good ski. I have a 650sx, and people (like everyone on this forum) goes and gives :):):):) advice about buy a superjet. Well news flash, the CHEAPEST superjet around here is $2500. And that's like bone stock, and a '98. That's assuming I can even find one. I would rather take the money from my pay check, and upgrade my 650sx which is a ton of fun to work on and ride, then once I graduate and get some money, I'll keep the my trusty 650sx and go big and buy a total bob-bitchin machine.

Now, I can't give advice on porting or sleeper kits or whatever, I just am in the same boat as you (and as you said, if you wanna keep the 650, why change?). Granted, winter is coming so little or no riding, but I would personally keep the 650 (which again, where I live in CO, a 650 that doesn't run AT ALL and looks like :):):):) goes for $300, a good condition one sells for $1000-$1500, so don't sell it for $300 like what's his face said); upgrade the 650, have a lot of fun, once your life isn't a cluster and you got some cash, buy a new ski and keep the current one, or ditch the current one (I love my 650sx and put too much work into it to sell it, even once I buy the fanciest jet ski ever).

Don't know if that helps. Good luck bro.

Sniv I was just going off selling the engine. Around my area you can get $300-$400 for a running 650 engine. There is noway I would let a ski go for that. Lol

Sniv I was just going off selling the engine. Around my area you can get $300-$400 for a running 650 engine. There is noway I would let a ski go for that. Lol

Oh, my bad bro lol. I thought you meant buy a brand new ski. Well, that's make's more sense then! Especially if you haven't done any mods yet, I'd want to put a 750 or 800 into my 650sx, but I put a brand new Factory Pipe on it this May, then the upgraded carb, which I'd have to swap that $800 of mods out for a new engine. If you haven't upgraded anything and a 701 drops in, that might not be so bad then lol.

btmboards

Brett
Watch the for sale section here, 701s pop up ALL the time for the same price as you are going to spend on the 650 and the stock 701 is plenty for you to start with. youll be happier with it than your modded 650 you are spending more money on.

piratelife

Frandsen works
if u want to try to bulid a 701 using your crankshaft i got 61x cases, i also have a couple sets of 82 mm pistons if u find a cylinder! It would probably be cheaper going that route for a 701

Top Bottom