So R&D Is Pretty Dissapointing.....

motojunkie96

AKA "The Paulinator"
So, I call R&D today to ask them how much to cut a set of domes....."Yeah, it's not really the time of year for us to do that for you..." Huh?? WTF do you mean it's not the time of year? :bs2: Talk about lack of customer support... I figured they make the head, so they would know best on how to cut their own domes, but apparently setting up their own product is not on their agenda. So, anybody got any ideas where I can get a set of domes cut? I already talked to my neighbor who is a machinist and he said that he needs all kind of dimensions to cut everything properly, so I think that's out of the question.

Any ideas?

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I hear ya motojunkie. I live right by them, and last year I bought a 760 cyl and have an R&D girdle head from my 701. I thought, I'll just stop by and get some domes. WRONG.
"sorry we dont have any right now, we will probably be making some in like 4-5 weeks".

I wasn't in much hurry, so I waited. Called in 4 weeks. "Ya we will probably be cutting some of those domes in the next 3-4 weeks"

I called several other times with similar response. I bought the cyl in October, when I first called them. I ended up getting the domes in January. I was building the ski so I hadn't needed the domes ASAP, but I will probably not run their head again for that reason.

The RN I bought this year had alot of R&D parts on it. The guy I bought it from said it had been ported by them. I did not think they built engines in house, so I thought I would just give them a call. It also had their ride plate on it which was cracked, it seemed like a nice one so I was just going to order another while on the call. The guy I talked to was such an asshole I didnt even ask about their plate. I will never buy anything from then, and am actually taking all of their parts of my ski, and going with people that when I have a question or an issue, I can call and get advice. Like Paul at LPW, who is incredibly busy but will always take the time to talk to me.

r&d parts are not that great to begin with.their claim to fame is the ball burnished finish(whooo i'm impressed)bill chapin has been the most condescending self proclaimed engine builder i have had the displeaure of dealing with.unfortunately they make some parts that we need that aren't produced by any one else.i try to steer friends away from them as much as possible.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
yea call ada and buy there head . they cut domes for me all the time and send them out next day .

U must be special then, I called ADA and asked for a set of 34cc domes for 701 and they said "we dont stock them" so I said "hw about I send my 33's and have them cut to 34cc" they said "nope, we dont do that" so I said can you just make me some 34cc domes? After all, they are the manufacturer right? And his response was "maybe in 4-5 weeks". I was like 4-5 weeks WTF is that??? So I sent them to LPW and hopefully I will have them back soon. :biggthumpup:

douglee25

m3booooy
U must be special then, I called ADA and asked for a set of 34cc domes for 701 and they said "we dont stock them" so I said "hw about I send my 33's and have them cut to 34cc" they said "nope, we dont do that" so I said can you just make me some 34cc domes? After all, they are the manufacturer right? And his response was "maybe in 4-5 weeks". I was like 4-5 weeks WTF is that??? So I sent them to LPW and hopefully I will have them back soon. :biggthumpup:

I wasn't too impressed with ADA earlier this year either. I placed an order through a retailer for a complete girdled head. ADA told the retailer that the next batch of heads would be ready in a day or two. I waited over a month to get my damn head. It turns out they couldn't get their story straight and finally came out to say their anodizing company was having issues with their process. They do make a great head though.

One thing I find funny with the jetski industry is that some companies treat you with complete respect, never get the run around, parts are readily available, etc. The majority of the time, there is always something that doesn't go 100% right with an order (told it will ship one day, it ships 2 weeks later, it's in stock when in actuality it isn't, etc etc). Now if you look at a different side of the marine business, namely the boating industry, usually they are much better. I'm not sure if it's because the market is much bigger or what, but the boat companies tend to bend over backwards for their customers.

Doug

G

gostroker

I think hot products is the way to go to get any aftermarket parts. YOu just gotta find a dealer near you

One thing I find funny with the jetski industry is that some companies treat you with complete respect, never get the run around, parts are readily available, etc. The majority of the time, there is always something that doesn't go 100% right with an order (told it will ship one day, it ships 2 weeks later, it's in stock when in actuality it isn't, etc etc). Now if you look at a different side of the marine business, namely the boating industry, usually they are much better. I'm not sure if it's because the market is much bigger or what, but the boat companies tend to bend over backwards for their customers.

Doug

I agree with this 100%. It seems that I am never completely satisfied with any order I make with most companies in the industry. I'm not sure why this is, it's just unfortunate.

The majority of parts suppliers for this sport... SUX. It is like Factory pipe saying "check back in 4 weeks to see when we will be making chambers again"

WTF?? can't you make enough to put a couple on the shelf. The design hasn't changed in 15 years couldn't ya make an extra...

The more I think of the future of this sport the more depressed I get.

I think hot products is the way to go to get any aftermarket parts. YOu just gotta find a dealer near you

Hot Products has the same issues as everyone has posted, suppliers have to produce the item to be able to sell them. Seems alot of the handfull we have left don't care a whole lot about if they survive or not. ADA gets most of their stuff from overseas, not in-house anymore. Too bad.....

Top Bottom