So, this guy from Australia emails me....

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
....says he's looking for a Blaster, and says he saw I had one for sale on ebay. I tell him it's got a Wet Jet motor, and it's $1,000.
He wires me the money, and I don't hear a thing for probably 3 months.

Fast-foreward to today;
He shows up at my shop with this:

Attachments

• Blasters to Austrailia 011.jpg
    Blasters to Austrailia 011.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 305

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
...and it's filled with this:

(notice the shredmaster on the blue one)

Attachments

• Blasters to Austrailia 008.jpg
    Blasters to Austrailia 008.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 385
  • Blasters to Austrailia 009.jpg
    Blasters to Austrailia 009.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Blasters to Austrailia 010.jpg
    Blasters to Austrailia 010.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 250

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
He had 7 total, plus parts, plus three trailers, plus a quad.
After he left, he said he was on his way to Arkansas for two more.

If anyone is interested in selling their Blaster, he's coming back in about 5 weeks, and looking for more to take back "down under".
I'll foreward his email to anyone that wants it as soon as I confirm that he's OK with that.

(I'm just happy he's not taking FX-1's away from us here):grumble:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
i had some guys do that with my old blown up ranger i sold on ebay. they would get a flight to the farthest city from where they lived in mexico, then drive/tow the cars they bought down to mexico. they showed up at my house with 4 people driving four cars and hooked my ranger up to a tow bar.

they got bagged with no plates on two of the cars trying to leave my house so they came back. i made up cardboard license plates and sent them on their way.(no joke)

they said even if they buy a cherokee with 125,xxx on it for 2,000 they can go sell it for 4,000 in mexico somehow. all i know is they gave me 1,400 bucks for a 3.0 ranger with a connecting rod sticking out the side of the block and a very worn out clutch.:biggrin:

im sure that guy makes a nice buck doing what he's doing.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Yeah, he must.
He said he can get $3500 U.S. for just a basic, plain, beat up Blaster 1.
That's solid money, IMO.

....but then there's that little problem called "shipping costs"...

A friend of mine sold his old 4x4 'yota like that, some guy came down from Canada and paid $3k for his '89 with horrible paint, mowed out fenders and bald tires. My friend heard from him a couple months later, I guess he resold it for $9K with only minor work!

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I've got no problem watching stuff like that go overseas....but Blasters, and FX-1',s, and Shelby Mustangs.....that hurts in the pit of my stomach to watch that stuff leave here forever.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Theres plenty of blasters to go around, I wouldn't worry about that. FX-1s, way less, so that hurts. But is that any worse than guys that hoard FX-1s? Anyone know someone like that? lol

Theres a guy in our area filling up containers with 4stroke runabouts and sending them to brisbane. I"d like to know what it cost to ship a container there. Send skis over there and bring back new x2's

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Theres plenty of blasters to go around, I wouldn't worry about that. FX-1s, way less, so that hurts. But is that any worse than guys that hoard FX-1s? Anyone know someone like that? lol

Ummmm.......:mischievous:
Wonder who THAT could be.

I think I do a pretty good job of sharing. I don't keep everything, and I even give FX-1 stuff away, or send it out for basically the cost of the shipping.
Matter of fact, I'm thinking I'm gonna sell off everything I have left after I finish this ski (other than obvious spares needed), and that'll be it. I think I'm done FX-1 collecting. One is enough.

Prick, make a road trip and buy all this stuff. (you KNOW you want it...:present:
I'll make ya the deal of all deals if you take EVERYTHING

godocgo

sport
give him my number, i got 2 carbon blasters he can take over there. the 1020 version and the 8 mil stroker. both are ready to ride.

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
20ft container is about 4000 aus

looks like he has a good head for buisiness as blaster 1s are the hottest thing to import at the moment

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I'll call him tonight and see if it's OK to hand out his number.
I'm pretty sure he just picked up a US cell phone when he got here.The area code is like 609 or 608 or something.

Anyway, I'm sure he'd run up to New York. Since he's been here, he hit I think Pennsylvania, South Carolina, New Jersey, Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida.

I'll post again tonight or tomorrow after I talk to him.

Top Bottom