Super Jet Spacing a hooker for a lil 650..

Running a protec built 650 that is stronger than a piped/180psi 61x.
Was spinning a skat 9/17. Installed 9/15 hooker. MUCH better grip!
maaybe too mch. So I wanna space it away from the stator a bit, and hopefully find a happy
medium :)
Impros lists 1mm washers. I've read about various setups moving props forward and back to optimize the prop.
Thoughts?
Start with 1mm? 2,3?
thx

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Running a protec built 650 that is stronger than a piped/180psi 61x.
Was spinning a skat 9/17. Installed 9/15 hooker. MUCH better grip!
maaybe too mch. So I wanna space it away from the stator a bit, and hopefully find a happy
medium :)
Impros lists 1mm washers. I've read about various setups moving props forward and back to optimize the prop.
Thoughts?
Start with 1mm? 2,3?
thx

If your motor is really stronger than a piped/180psi 61x then it shouldn't need a spacer on a hooker 9/15!

However, if you want to loosen it up, try bored nozzle or stubby pump cone so you dont lose pump efficiency. If you need to space prop start small at 1mm.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I agree try using a larger diameter taper bored reduction nozzle to increase the bottom end snap and a shorter pump cone if you want it the hook up to be less server.

I believe most of the Hooker impellers are cut back 7mm and if you happened to need a spacer to distance the blades further from the stator vanes you can use some stainless shims from McMaster if needed.

0.005" Thick 91437A654 $6.51 5-pack

0.010" Thick 91437A659 $6.21 5-pack

0.015" Thick 91437A666 $5.64 5-pack

0.020" Thick 91437A669 $6.81 5-pack

0.025" Thick 91437A673 $7.40 5-pack

0.031" Thick 91437A677 $10.33 5-pack

0.062" Thick 91437A688 $9.31 5-pack

Great!
Thx guys.
It already has the plastic reduction nozzle that measures 85mm stock, and a stubby cone.
The thing is there's prob nothing wrong with the way it's loading the motor now, but with the ole skat chopper you could find upper rpms, and sometimes limiter quuick. So now that feature has left, and been replaced with a more level "sounding" engine.. Could actually be propelling the ski better, and further, but at a lower rpm, and heavier load on the engine..
It's my buddy's SN, and I think he wants some of his BA eng sound fx back, while maintaining some hook :)

The 61x is my ski which I just switched from 10/18 skat to an 08 prop as well. Similar effect on my ski, but not as drastic. Just right. So no washers for me yet...

Score on washers too BTW! Stared at some yam wrist pin thrust washers for about 3 sec before I grabbed the mic, and wouldya looka that. About .790" id, .026" thick, and I've got 4 of em :)

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Great!
Thx guys.
It already has the plastic reduction nozzle that measures 85mm stock, and a stubby cone.
The thing is there's prob nothing wrong with the way it's loading the motor now, but with the ole skat chopper you could find upper rpms, and sometimes limiter quuick. So now that feature has left, and been replaced with a more level "sounding" engine.. Could actually be propelling the ski better, and further, but at a lower rpm, and heavier load on the engine..
It's my buddy's SN, and I think he wants some of his BA eng sound fx back, while maintaining some hook :)

The 61x is my ski which I just switched from 10/18 skat to an 08 prop as well. Similar effect on my ski, but not as drastic. Just right. So no washers for me yet...

Score on washers too BTW! Stared at some yam wrist pin thrust washers for about 3 sec before I grabbed the mic, and wouldya looka that. About .790" id, .026" thick, and I've got 4 of em :)

Score, except for the rusting problem...

Top Bottom