Custom/Hybrid Spark plug problem. BB760. HELPPP!!!

I took the bob out for a 45 min ride and everything was going well until it sounded like a plug rattled loose and it quit? So i swam in and looked at the motor and it looks like the front cylinder is gettin WAY too hot. It looks to me as if the porcelain from the front plug is all over the head? The porcelain also detatched itself from the steel of the plug....? I put new plugs in and it started up fine, but it was dark so i didnt get to ride again... What the f*** is the problem here???
Motor is a big bore 760, ada bb head, dual 44s, lightweight flywheel, msd ignition. Im running 50:1 belray and 93 octane pump gas with BR8ES plugs from auto zone.

Attachments

• bm.jpg
    bm.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 152
  • bmm.jpg
    bmm.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 130
Are they the solid top plugs or the screw types. I would get solid top plugs stock number for them is 3961

They were the screw on type plugs.. BUT I put a little dab of superglue on the for that exact reason... The superglue DID hold up.

Both pissers are flowing good...

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Twist the straps to tighten them. Or put a knot in the strap. Was your plug cap on good. If the spark plug cap has to "jump" spark, from the cap to the plug then into the cylinder, SUPPOSEDLY (big emphasis on supposedly) it gets a whole lot hotter. A guy i used to work with in a dealership told me that, but never found out for myself if it was true. I would also try getting the solid plugs rather than screw on.tips.

Hogggman

Stock Sucks
How long have you been using this motor a buddy of mine kept separating the porcelain I told him to check the squish turns out it was way to tight and detonating and separating the plugs the white on the top of the motor looks like cooked water to me make sure your lines aren't leaking

I baught the whole ski ready to ride a week ago and supposedly it had roughly 3 hours on this motor when I got it and I put about 8 tanks through it. The boot to the plug seemed fine..

how do I check squish????

Well I talked to kommander down in AZ.. I explained to him what was going on and he said get the solid tipped plugs and 100 octain unleaded.. So I'm going to go hit the lake after work!! Hopefully all is good!

Wood is taken out.. Lol.

talked to Bryan at kommander again and he suggested to open the high speed screws 1/4 turn and switch to a br9es and see what happens..

take 4!!

my ski ate 3 plugs in the exact same way! all on the front cyl. so i tore the motor apart and it all looked fine. put it back together. i got my plugs off ebay. solid tip br8es. motor is a 6mil lamey freshly rebuilt and has .065 squish. very odd. bad plugs maybe?

my ski ate 3 plugs in the exact same way! all on the front cyl. so i tore the motor apart and it all looked fine. put it back together. i got my plugs off ebay. solid tip br8es. motor is a 6mil lamey freshly rebuilt and has .065 squish. very odd. bad plugs maybe?
D
Did this just happen? Is your ski fine now?

^x2. Superjetkev, is your ski all good now?

The thing is, mine ate 2 plugs from autozone (non solid tip) and a different plug from a local marine shop ( solid tip)...

Top Bottom