Sponson?

Ordered a set last night for my 1100 blaster. Will let you know how they are when I get a chance to try them out. I have the jam sponsons on my 701 and love them. I have some prowatercraft front sponsons coming in Wednesday too. I'm going to try a few different combinations with everything.

Can anyone tell me how the turning characteistics change with sponsons besides more grab. Is there a learning curve? I thought I read somewhere that you don't have to lean as much. Thanks

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Can anyone tell me how the turning characteistics change with sponsons besides more grab. Is there a learning curve? I thought I read somewhere that you don't have to lean as much. Thanks

I haven't ridden with sponsons on my B1 but on my superjet they kept the back end from sliding out and less-so on straight line stability. The learning curve was that then the outside sponson hooked up exiting the curve it would cause me to high side. May be different on the B1. I'll probably be adding a set to my B1 after I finish rebuilding it.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
How did it affect straight line stability? worse?

On the superjet it kept the back and from feeling loose. It kept the back end from sliding out in the corners. Everything was positive except the first time I high sided ignored which hurt some. It was never an issue again after that.

Again, my experiences are on a superjet. I have a B1 but I haven't ran rear sponsons yet.

Hey Bill, I just saw your PM and can respond to you here. The blade style JCracing/3dDesign sponsons are awesome. The Jam sponsons are good but for me, they bite a little too much and you don't have to lean the ski over as much for it to turn hard. With the blade style sponsons it will let you lean way over and not act like a quick steer..... they just keep the rear from sliding sideways any. I am using the blade rear with prowatercraft front sponsons and that has been my favorite combination out of everything I tried. The front end is much more predictable where you just point and shoot while the rear end stays locked. I just raced this setup in round 3 & 4 of region 5 racing where we had 2-3ft chop and it worked great for me

Top Bottom