Sponsons install???

Beotchsadie

Im not a professional
95 sxi...has Blowsion side sponsons installed. It was leaking a little bit of water in around them, so I drilled out the rivots and pryed the sponsons off. Anyone know what size rivots I need and what type of glue to reattach the sponsons?

Y

yamaslut

Beotchsadie said:
95 sxi...has Blowsion side sponsons installed. It was leaking a little bit of water in around them, so I drilled out the rivots and pryed the sponsons off. Anyone know what size rivots I need and what type of glue to reattach the sponsons?

didn't they come w/ directions???

gj_fx1

X-H2
a) can't you get inside there to use machine screws. (I hate pop rivets!)
b) I think if you also seal the entire thing to the hull with 5200 or epoxy you will take care of the leakage. Actually I bet you could just bond them on without fasteners through the hull at all. (That is depending on the sort of plastic they are though )

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
I put those sponsons on once. I say leave them off and/or replace with tubbies. Do these ones really help you?? Blowsion can tell you which size - they were relatively long.

Beotchsadie

Im not a professional
Thanks for your help. I bought the ski used and it didnt come with any instructions... I emailed Blowsion and they are to be mailing me the instructions...hopefully they will email me back the rivot size. I want to ride tommorrow. What is 5200?

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Beotchsadie said:
Thanks for your help. I bought the ski used and it didnt come with any instructions... I emailed Blowsion and they are to be mailing me the instructions...hopefully they will email me back the rivot size. I want to ride tommorrow. What is 5200?

Hey Bro, west marine on old hockory blvd in hermatage has 3m 5200 , who is this i am in nash as well, pm me.

gj_fx1

X-H2
The proper size are the biggest ones that will fit sung in the hole. They are cheap , go buy a bunch and see what works. One of the problems with pop rivets is by the time you drill them out the holes have worn and are too big, so you may need to go up a size from the original anyway, or epoxy the holes and re-drill.

Top Bottom