Freestyle Start Stop Switch options other than stock

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Looking for some options. The stock switch works fine, except when I do hood tricks (when using zip tie) it (SS switch) sometimes hangs up on my vest and screws up my trick. When I run a lanyard sometimes I'll yank it on accident doing hood tricks. I really like riding without a lanyard, but worry about the chance of a stuck throttle runaway. My idle is set so it won't idle in the water.

Input? Thanks guys.
Jay

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Easy solution... stop doing hood tricks. :bad3:

You can use the Kawi style SS switch, but I am not sure how much that will help with getting hung up on it.

I am not sure if it is just my SJ, but the lanyard takes a lot of force before it is released from the killswitch (at least compared to my buddies SXR where it comes out if you don't look at it right). I got a longer lanyard and over time and practice I noticed that I just stopped pulling out the leash. I don't believe there is any other solution because at least in FL it is a law to have the leash attached to you at all times while riding. No leash is strictly for competitions.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Probably law here too. I've tried turning the switch which helps. Seems I saw a member have a couple buttons mounted on his bars a couple years ago. Start on left side bars and stop on the other, but can't remember the lanyard set up.

Top Bottom