SX/SXi/SXi Pro Starting Problems

Hi guys, so I have a 95 sxi that is giving me some troubles lately. The issue is that is won't start, the battery is in perfect working order; I check the charge and it turns the bilge pump on. Although when I hit the start button there is no clicking noise or anything, what should I start looking at first? I want to start riding again!

Thanks!

check that the switch is working first, there is a 4 pin connector near the water box that gives easy access to the wires. I the switch is working then move on to the e box, check for power coming out of the e box going to the starter. Dont forget to also check the grounds at the starter and battery. If its a faulty starter sometimes you can tap on it while hitting the starter button and see if it jumps at all. Im guessing your start stop switch is the culprit, if it is you can take it apart and clean the contacts easily. I have to clean mine out after every few rides due to a torn boot in the switch housing that lets water in.

SterlingSilva

-----------------
id make sure the battery has enough juice to crank the engine and that the motors not locked up for some reason.... from there id try jumping the starter. u can put a piece of metal across both posts on the ebox and it should crank. if the battery is good and the engine turns free but it doesnt crank ist more than likely the starter solenoid. if it does crank id look toward the s/s switch

good luck

check to make sure you are getting voltage at your starter when you hit the start button. if you do then its something internally in the starter. I have had to rip mine apart twice on my 94. the copper bar that goes to the brushes was snaped both times.

Top Bottom