steering system recommendations

i have a stock steering system right and am in the market for a new one. i wanted to hear which one you guys recommend. i have a 90 SN with a 701. at the moment the motor is getting some goodies done to it. i was planing on spending around $200 for system and bars. which ones do you guys like and which ones should i avoid.

big response... I'm looking to do the same. Cost is right there as well, but if more cost gets more reward, then I could be game to dump more cash.
Any suggestions from quick and dirty to best setup is welcome.

I have an ADA quick steer setup with the captive bearing and 4 degree bars and really like it. They can be found used as a complete setup for anywhere from 60 and up.

*Additional Edit*
I have had my ADA system for two years now and it was a used bearing system when I bought it of about one or two years, no issues at all.

Last edited:
The titan is by far the best with a sealed bearing system that wont fail i have used the system for 2 years with no problems
ysanahub.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I really do not like my RRP steering. It gets sloppy/play in it very fast, and as soon as that happens saltwater get in and trashes the bearings. I want to try something new next time the bearings get crappy. Will the cold fusion or titan bolt up to a RRP billet pole?

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I really do not like my RRP steering. It gets sloppy/play in it very fast, and as soon as that happens saltwater get in and trashes the bearings. I want to try something new next time the bearings get crappy. Will the cold fusion or titan bolt up to a RRP billet pole?

Just replace the bearing with thrust bushing and it will solve all your issues.

What makes the WDK so much better? Smoother? quicker steering? better built and lasts longer?
I've said it before, keep in mind this is an opinion. The system was produced over 3 years ago, at the time it was the smallest one (think it might still be) available, nice smooth large bearing, simple to switch between Kawi-Yami, at the time it was the only one that used 31.8mm bars (others have followed suit) which gives a HUGE selection of bar rise-sweep-width and construction material, handles salt water like its Palmolive and priced competitively to lesser systems. Just a great design, unfortunately they are as available as Constitutional rights from Dianne Feinstein. EDIT-why do others like what they are using so much? I would like to know cuz I've had a few of the above suggested products.

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I just installed a used UMI with blowsion bearings and lock nut. So far I am happy that the steering is finally slop free, but haven't taken her out for a ride yet.

Top Bottom