sticker problems

alright, i know how to get the stock decals off, but i just removed one, and it came off easy, but it left ALL of the sticky residue behind. i tried acetone, i tried nail polish remover, i tried re-heating it, nothing realy does the trick. anyone use a specific product to get it off? im just going to remove this sticky and leave the rest of the stickers on, im not going to bother.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
3M makes an adhesive remover that usually works very well.

Spray it on, it heats the glue and you scrape it off with a Bondo scraper.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Goo Gone works OK.
Spray on, wait 5 minutes, srape off with bondo spreader.
Repeat and then wipe up the last of it with shop towels or rags.

aqua

the taco
i bought this stuff at walmart called goo gone xtreme remover...it comes in a small can but trust me....it works good and doesnt take much. i tried the goof off stuff that smells like oranges before and this stuff is much quicker.

I have used most of these listed above and the best by far have been goo-off (goo-gone sucks) and the 3M adhesive remover

750SX

DO IT
Brake Cleaner- wear gloves and dont use in a confined place or you will be high as a kite. People say Airplane striper? is also awsome. I found goo gone sucked

hahaha

Stock stickers BLOW!!!!!!!!! I just started to remove mine last night and i had the same goop problem

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
They sell a rubber 'wheel' you put on a drill. It is the best thing EVER! They sell it at auto body stores. You will kick yourself in the ass for not having it before

750SX

DO IT
They sell a rubber 'wheel' you put on a drill. It is the best thing EVER! They sell it at auto body stores. You will kick yourself in the ass for not having it before

how much do one of these bad boys cost?

Does it remove the complete vinyl, or do you have to peel the vinyl then remove the goop with the wheel?

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
how much do one of these bad boys cost?

Does it remove the complete vinyl, or do you have to peel the vinyl then remove the goop with the wheel?

Its either 8 or 12 buck I believe. It takes everything off. Just use some of that pb blaster sticker remover like I said earlier to take whatever you have left, off. Be carefull with it. Dont try and take all of it off to fast, you'll burn the paint. Be moderate and it works awesome!

750SX

DO IT
Its either 8 or 12 buck I believe. It takes everything off. Just use some of that pb blaster sticker remover like I said earlier to take whatever you have left, off. Be carefull with it. Dont try and take all of it off to fast, you'll burn the paint. Be moderate and it works awesome!

SWEET! 12 bux well spent!

demolition_x

Not After Fame & Fortune
i took the stickers off my rn pole and i tried every thing, the best thing i came up with was paint thinner and a razer blade to get the bulk of it off then rub it off with a rag and some more thinner, it didn't damage the pole.

Top Bottom