Super Jet Stock scupper, keep or toss? "90 SN

We are rebuilding my buddy's '90 SN and were wondering if we should keep the stock scupper or just ditch it and go with an auto bilge?

He's running a ocean pro ride plate I think.

I'd keep it if it's not interfering with anything else. I originally pulled mine just to run dual cooling easily. But if that's not the issue leave it and add a electronic bilge pump

the siphon bilge never fails aslong as your moving and clears more water than you think, the hood also lets in far more than you think so run both. one is good so two is better

I've never seen a set-up quite like the one on this SN. So from what I can see the smaller diameter hose connects to the thru hull fitting to connect to the scupper inside the hull. The one large hose go to the side of the pump, then the other hose just stays open to the water. is this correct? Im assuming there is some sort of valve in the housing all of the hoses connect to correct?

the siphon bilge never fails aslong as your moving and clears more water than you think, the hood also lets in far more than you think so run both. one is good so two is better

the siphon bilge on my ski and my brother in-laws ski, BOTH failed within a couple weeks of eachother, would do 5 laps around the lake and little to no water would suck out. Best solution, (for me) rip siphon out and i am running a 500 gph bilge, going to put in a 800gph bilge this winter possibly as well.

the siphon bilge on my ski and my brother in-laws ski, BOTH failed within a couple weeks of eachother, would do 5 laps around the lake and little to no water would suck out. Best solution, (for me) rip siphon out and i am running a 500 gph bilge, going to put in a 800gph bilge this winter possibly as well.

ive seen a small leaf get under my buddies and it wouldnt work easy to fix though

for those of you who have decided against the stock scupper, do you bloack off the pump hose attachments or just the line leading back into the hull?

you did the toggle switch over the twist switch right??? i dont think i would like the twist switch... yeah it seems like his setup's are pretty legit.

I got his military toggle switch, bar mounted switch housing, and associated wiring. It's plug and play. Quality is top notch. Well worth the money IMO.

I will look into that bar mount switch, i am tired of bending down to turn on my switch... and i diddnt block off the line, i just ripped out all of the hose, haha... i am putting on a solas pump here in a couple days so i am going to blow some air through just to make sure it is not clogged, and will be using it as a second cooling line...

btw, my single 500gpm pump does pretty good, i have a stock hood aka Water catcher... and that little guy does pretty good for me,,, i love to submarine too, he doesnt get much of a break but i will probably be getting a 800 gpm pump to help out, thinking about doing the scupper valve too...

I would keep stock bilge regardless of scupper, rule or not, its a no brainer back up......

If the Stock bilge does not work, examine the plastic black elbow , there is a little breather hole that needs to be clear for it to work properly....

rwilliamtaylor

Ride, Wrench, Repeat
I will look into that bar mount switch, i am tired of bending down to turn on my switch... and i diddnt block off the line, i just ripped out all of the hose, haha... i am putting on a solas pump here in a couple days so i am going to blow some air through just to make sure it is not clogged, and will be using it as a second cooling line...

btw, my single 500gpm pump does pretty good, i have a stock hood aka Water catcher... and that little guy does pretty good for me,,, i love to submarine too, he doesnt get much of a break but i will probably be getting a 800 gpm pump to help out, thinking about doing the scupper valve too...

That set up works well... The scupper gets rid of most of the water and the 500gph electric cleans up the rest.

8b975f32.jpg

7b180a0d.jpg

Here's the bar mounted bilge switch... Got it from Atlantic jet sport but I'm sure you can get them many places.

df155ab8.jpg

Top Bottom