Superjet build engine question

Im in the process of building up a 02 R/N for freestyle. I have 2 options right now for the top end.
1. 61x stock bore with freestyle porting
or
2. 61x with big bore 760 sleeves no porting.

Which would be better for freeriding?

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
sticking to strictly these two options without thinking of getting the bigbore ported i would use the ported stock bore.
good porting work is worth a lot more power than a couple of cc's on the stock ports.

Well I want to get the 760 ported but its just a matter of time... Being from Saskatchewan canada we get 3 or 4 months to ride a year and as of now my ski is in pieces so im missing valuable riding time!. If I do get the 760 id plan to get it ported over winter.

Would there be a noticeable difference with these 2 options the way they sit?

The 701 cylinders are stock 81mm and freestyle ported by judge motorsports. I think im leaning towards the 760 cylinders right now tho, then I can get them ported over off season. Any other suggestions, tips or pointers?

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
The main problem with a re-sleeved 61X with 760 sleeves is WHAT brand of sleeve was used as some sleeve manufactures come way to aggressive port heights for a freestyle/freeride setup. They have port timing like the 'T' cylinder that is also like the 64X-760 cylinder.

So after some research and figuring out, I think im going to just go with the ported 701. My 62T case is cut for 760 sleeves right now, will it be ok if I go back to a 701 and just drop in the cylinders or will I need a new case??

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Your fine with your cases... Just install your 701 cylinder. We always recommend to flycut the cases for big bore kit even when building a 701 based sleeve, this way when the customer want to upgrade to the 85mm big bore it will be a drop on and go with a cylinder kit w/pistons and a pair of new ADA domes matched for the big bore pistons.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
The main problem with a re-sleeved 61X with 760 sleeves is WHAT brand of sleeve was used as some sleeve manufactures come way to aggressive port heights for a freestyle/freeride setup. They have port timing like the 'T' cylinder that is also like the 64X-760 cylinder.

Specifically, the NW Sleeve ones? I've considered going that route. Watcon has some too, I don't know who's they are. Do you guys offer an 84mm re-sleeve that could still be freestyle ported? You might save me an expensive 'whoops' next year.

Top Bottom