superjet flush kit

When I bought my used squarenose, it had a flush kit installed in the water line between the rear cylinder and the exhaust. (Coffman)

I have just recently realized where the water flows when the motor is running: pump -> exhaust manifold -> cylinders -> head -> exhaust.

Was my flush kit installed in the wrong place? Wouldn't the water just run into the exhaust water jacket and only cool everything downstream (ie, not cool the head, cylinders, etc)

Or does the water run both ways - ie, it does flow into exhaust, but also runs backwards, down into the head, cylinders, manifold and out to the pump...??

Last edited:

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
it should have plenty of pressure to fill up all the cooling jackets, its pressure that forces the water through and out not gravity so it doesnt matter where you hook it up no water is always less pressure than an area WITH water so it will fill up all the voids before being forced out. its forced in the direction you are talking about when running because of the pressure from the pump forcing it in only one direction. Most people on here you will find actually BACK flush their skis. meaning they put water in where when running the water is coming OUT.

Ok thanks for the info guys.

BTW, how much pressure do you think is inside the cooling system when the motor is running hard? Maybe 5 or 10 PSI? Just curious how secure these cooling lines have to be. None of mine were secured with hose clamps or anything else when I bought it.

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Yeah, put clamps and tie wraps where clamps won't fit. A friend and I were doing some very light riding last summer. It was his first time on a ski. Basicly running at idle for a couple hours. I took it out and did a fast run for about a 1/2 mile. Then the ski stopped running right. Then "smoke" started coming out of the hood intakes!!! Turned out I forgot to clamp a line and it came off while I was riding fast i.e. more water pressure. It was pumping water onto the cylinder while I was riding hence the steam. It was a long idle back to the beach with the hood propped open the best I could get it with steam everywhere.

Scott

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
yes put on hose clamps! and dont cheap out with zip ties. i know a lot of people use them and have been fine but i had one pop off a cooling line and start spraying water everywhere but where it needed to be. like wahoo said, cheap insurance.

Top Bottom