Superjet Rear Gunwales + Turf = Rooster Tail

Hello All,

My Roundnose superjet is FINALLY back together after a year and a half hiatus

To make a long story short, I decided to turf the side rails, and retain my Rear PLASTIC Corners / Bond Line Protectors also known as “Rear Corner Gunwales”. The only problem is that the Rear Corner Gunwales are creating a massive amount of drag as well as a Rooster Tail that shoots up into my face as I ride. I am guessing this problem stems from the fact that there is a SMALL amount of turf under either side (Side Rail / Rear Mat) of the Rear Corner Gunwales which is not allowing proper fit of the Rear Corner Gunwales

Now I KNOW many people run this identical set up (Turfed Rails / Rear Corner Gunwales), so I am SURE I am not the only person to have experienced this. I would like to KEEP my Rear Corner Gunwales, so I am guessing I need to trim the lower lip to eliminate this potential safety hazard.

Can anyone lend some insight as to how I can best deal with this problem?

Any and All help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Boost in PDX

Last edited:

tricky1

XXX
Boost said:
Hello All,

My Roundnose superjet is FINALLY back together after a year and a half hiatus

To make a long story short, I decided to turf the side rails, and retain my Rear PLASTIC Corners / Bond Line Protectors also known as “Rear Corner Gunwales”. The only problem is that the Rear Corner Gunwales are creating a massive amount of drag as well as a Rooster Tail that shoots up into my face as I ride. I am guessing this problem stems from the fact that there is a SMALL amount of turf under either side (Side Rail / Rear Mat) of the Rear Corner Gunwales which is not allowing proper fit of the Rear Corner Gunwales

Now I KNOW many people run this identical set up (Turfed Rails / Rear Corner Gunwales), so I am SURE I am not the only person to have experienced this. I would like to KEEP my Rear Corner Gunwales, so I am guessing I need to trim the lower lip to eliminate this potential safety hazard.

Can anyone lend some insight as to how I can best deal with this problem?

Any and All help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Boost in PDX

silicone behind the plastic if you plan to keep them on.

Shrivel

Requires therapy.
LOL at this story. I had the exact experience when I turfed my rails - what I did was glue down some of the extra padding that goes under the turf underneath the plastic corner pieces. Worked great and never had to worry about the old rooster tails again...

Shrivel / Tricky

Can you both give a detailed explanation of how you Siliconed / Padded the rear Gunwales?

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person that was ambushed by a blinding blast of water to the face......

Thank you both for your help!

Cheers,

Boost in PDX, OR

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
I pulled off the plastic peice and added a lot of silicon to the bond rail and the peice. Reinstalled the peice while silicone was wet. Allowed to dry, cut off excess silicon and no problem.

J

justride

just turf the corners throw away the plastic, turf gives a more clean look, plus you don't get water up in your a$$...

Top Bottom