Superjet Stalls

FloatR

Do the Hustle!
Yamaha Superjet -08
Stock 760 (non ported)
Blowsion head
Factory Pipe Type 9
V-Force 3 reeds
Green 44mm carbs (aprox 9 years old, but restored and gone thru this year)
2.3 N/S, 65g spring, 17psi pop-off. (Have to get back to you with the jetting specs)
Msd Enhancer

Rides in fresh water, around 150-200 meters above sealevel.
Around 15-20 degrees celsius in the water and evertyhing between 16-22 in the air.

Everything´s new this year and has 25 hours of time on them.

I turn to my fellow riders and hope that you can help me understand what causes my ski to stall.

It dosen´t matter if it´s cold or hot, how much i turn on both high and low jet screws. Sometimes it stall sometimes it don´t.

If I ride for 5 minutes at ½ throttle and hit the throttle it stalls, and when i head back for shore the cylinder is really hot.

If I´m going to make a "race" start from shore, it stalls everytime.

But as I said, sometimes it dosen´t stall when I ride and sometimes it does.
And I can´t see any pattern.

I should add that is has not been like this the whole 25hours, it started messing alot the last 1 hour. And now it dosen´t even make a difference if i turn my high and low jet out.

My guess is that it must be electrical or carb related.
What do you think?

I´ve probably forgotten something, so feel free to ask!

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
i just had a piston failure in a triple and it seems that it was caused by a diaphragm failure in the fuel pump. ran lean with a lot of oil from the injection still going in at the reg rate.

you might check it out.

FloatR

Do the Hustle!
i just had a piston failure in a triple and it seems that it was caused by a diaphragm failure in the fuel pump. ran lean with a lot of oil from the injection still going in at the reg rate.

you might check it out.

I´ve tried to switch to new diaphragms on both pumps and no luck there.

I´m going to test a brand new ignition coil and new plug caps tomorrow, and I´m also gonna test the original 38mm carbs and increase both high and low speed jets.

Have you checked anything else besides fuel?
How’s the water look coming out the pissers? And have you checked your compression since this started. Have you looked at your water routing kind of sounds like your not cooling properly.

Top Bottom