SX 650 Home made aluminium pole, finished

z00m

UK X-H20
Finally got the pole finished and painted and fitted, all my own work and im absolutely ecstatic with the final result,
Yes Yes I know it’s a Kawasaki and yes I know its just an sx 650 , but I am so happy with it and it is my first stand up ski,

So here it is

The start

1.jpg

Stripped down

skiinbits-1.jpg

First set up with thin gauge templates

polesjigged.jpg

Bottom bracket welded up

base.jpg

Top bracket welded up

top-1.jpg

Fitted painted and looking nice

doneout.jpg

doneout2.jpg

doneout3.jpg

doneout4.jpg

pole is a lot lighter than the big lumpy thing that was there before was, and its –2” in length and the top angle has been changed to suit my stance,
A lot of work but worth it in the long run ,
Price …… well 20 pounds for the aluminium and 4 pounds for the paint total build price 24 uk pounds,

Mick

z00m

UK X-H20
Thanks for the comments. im also just glad shes back together, it was a great ski before and always a worry when you start messing with things, and its took me 3 weeks to get it sorted (other projects in the way and a 5 yr old boy to keep happy) , all thats left is to take it back to the water

Mick

z00m

UK X-H20
Bitchen job, has your wife forgiven you for putting the pole on the table yet?

Brian

It was there for 2 weeks, in between me taking it to work and working on it, then bringing it back to the table for me to look at while eating me tea, and trying to sort out what to do next on it.
Ive had skis and moto cross bikes for years so she has prity much got use to me :smashfreakB:

Mick

z00m

UK X-H20
Thanks again , im only using a stock spring and its nearly holding the pole up , falls slowly on to the hood pad, much emproved from the lump of fibreglass that used to slam down,

Mick

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Freakin killer man!:shocked:
I tried measuring up and designing one on google SketchUp for my 550 but couldnt figure out how to create the welds on the base of the two tubes to attatch to the base bracket. and looking up the metal for the aluminum pipes it became a little more money than i had at the time.

KILLER i love this let me know when you get into the handlepole bussiness
cheers
-Mark

Attachments

• handlepole2.jpg
    handlepole2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 141
  • handlepole3.jpg
    handlepole3.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 131
  • handlepole4.jpg
    handlepole4.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 113
  • handlepole1v2.jpg
    handlepole1v2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 160
Q

QuickMick

Nice welding job. Looks good. One of a kinds are sweet, thats what separates the anybody from the somebody. Its even better that you did it yourself.

Top Bottom