SX/SXi/SXi Pro SXI Impeller for Freestyle

Can anyone help a rookie out? Started ridging a couple of years ago and really enjoy freestyle. I been reading some of the previous posts regarding the SXI impellers and would like some clarifications. I own a basically stock SXI with a Factory Pipe and other minor upgrades. From all I read it seems that there are 3 impellers that may work well for my ski:

1. 9/17 Skat Trak
2. Skat Trak BIG HUB
3. Stock 800 SX-R Impeller

My questions are:

A. What does BIG HUB mean? The type of blade or pitch or both?
B. Which one do you recommend for Freestyle? I want something to help me jump.

Thanks for the input!

big hub means the hub in the center of the impeller is a bigger in diameter than stock,and some guys on here had told me the stock sxr impellers are big hub 13/18 and that would be the best for all around riding,some other people say 9/17 is strictly a freestyle prop,but i am not sure about putting that steep of a prop on a lightly moded ski.

Yes, you want a 9/17 big hub (sxr style) skat swirl prop. I run one in my ski, its ported, bored to 800cc, and running 175psi. you will need to use a stock pump cone though, it will cavitate with a wolf cone. I also had a solas concord 12/18 before my motor build and didnt notice much change in the low end but it had more top for sure. I switched props at the same time as motor.

pick up a stock sxr prop and run it for a while. Then save up to send it off to impros to get it cut back and repitched(they will recommend a pitch based on your setup).

Last edited:
i run a stock sxr prop on my 750sx, mild mods-factory pipe,timing adv,angled reed spacers,v force reeds,160 psi comp, happy with prop, recently added tbm pump cone with smallest cone installed.. helped keep the pump loaded even more.

I had 750 motor bored out to 800cc, factory pipe exhaust, timing advance, tbm pump cone, skat trak C75 Impeller I am happy runs good, but I don't know the difference from the other ones, I haven't tried them...

Thanks everyone, so it sounds like the big hub comes comes in differnt pitch. So I could get a 9-17 big hub correct?

what is the pitch of a stock SXR impeller?

You should be able to pull a 9-17 swirl or concord 12-18 with an 80mm+ nozzle. Your high port engine will not tolerate too much load so if it is slow to get on the pipe (assuming the carb tune is correct) then bend the blades. A bored nozzle is a must for more thrust.

Top Bottom