SXI Pro vs SXR

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
The SXIPRO is SOOOOOOOO much slower than the SXR. It can't get out of it's own way...very squirly. Difficult to recover from a jump, (can't pull itself out of the water). The only way I can stand to ride a 750 is with TONS of mods, footholds, Superjet steering and tubbies.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
An SXi Pro is just as fast as an sxr, both in stock form. I had 2 sxi pros and an sxr at one point in my family and my sxi pro was actually a bit faster than the sxr in chop.

They get a bit better fuel economy but not that much better, they do ride less on the nose and feel lighter and more nimble. They carve great and you can rail turns and also enjoy great jumping. I enjoyed my sxi pro very much, never had any issues with they way it handled or rode AT ALL. The SXR does have more bottom end.

Either way you can't go wrong in my opinion. I would choose an sxr just because they are newer, and they do carve much better, but both ski's are great.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I was talking about low end speed. They are dogs out of the hole, but do have the same top end speed, if that's what your looking for.

Motoxxx134

"Just F###ing Ride"
Thank you for all the great feedback, I guess the question now is - what is the best ski for the $$$.. The pro is about half the price as an sxr. I don't race or freestyle just a recreational rider.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
Depends on how much you want to spend I guess...you can find some cheap sxr's too, they pop up now and then. You really dont see any sxi pros for sale at all.

Top Bottom