sxr dual cooling w/ wet pipe and stock head?

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
i have searched, seems like sxr threads die off real quick around here these days... haha!

my buddy has and 03 SXR, wet pipe and stock head. were thinkin about doing dual cooling.

should i set it up like my sj;

one line from pump to "T" then from "T" into two spots on the exhaust manifold. then two outlets off the head and overboard with two pissers.

one line from the pump to the bottom of the head pipe then out of the top of the head pipe to a "T" from the "T" overboard with a pisser, from other side of "T" to a FCV to a restrictor then into the stinger.

there will be 3 pissers.

questions, do i need to drill another hole in the stock head or can i use the two outlets that are already there.

also, do i need to use a 1/2" ID water line from the pump to the motor? i seem to find people saying you need a larger water fitting off the pump, is this true? on my SJ i used the standard 1/4" NPT fittings on the pump, exh mani and head.

so will this work ok on an SXR? or should i post this on PWCT? haha

by the way, im workin on him to get a SJ... i think just a few more rides on mine and he will be sold, he is real close now! :notworthy:

Kawi 800

06' SXR
i have searched, seems like sxr threads die off real quick around here these days... haha!

my buddy has and 03 SXR, wet pipe and stock head. were thinkin about doing dual cooling.

should i set it up like my sj;

one line from pump to "T" then from "T" into two spots on the exhaust manifold. then two outlets off the head and overboard with two pissers.

one line from the pump to the bottom of the head pipe then out of the top of the head pipe to a "T" from the "T" overboard with a pisser, from other side of "T" to a FCV to a restrictor then into the stinger.

there will be 3 pissers.

questions, do i need to drill another hole in the stock head or can i use the two outlets that are already there.

also, do i need to use a 1/2" ID water line from the pump to the motor? i seem to find people saying you need a larger water fitting off the pump, is this true? on my SJ i used the standard 1/4" NPT fittings on the pump, exh mani and head.

so will this work ok on an SXR? or should i post this on PWCT? haha

by the way, im workin on him to get a SJ... i think just a few more rides on mine and he will be sold, he is real close now! :notworthy:

I was told drill and tap the pump for a second line, there is another through hull line that is an over board line form the top of the wet pipe so you use that. You plug up line on the manifold that you use for a water in line, you need to drill and tap the sides of the manifold, the side where the stock water in line on the manifold is then you run the top of the head pipe line out, the bottom of the head pipe goes into the top of the head, the other one goes out like stock and Ts into the chamber, correct me if im worng ppl haha

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
No need to do all that work...
Not sure about the older '03 model, on the pump for late models just use a 1/4 pipe-90* 1/2 barb fitting in the stock threaded pump with a new 1/2 automotive heater hose to the stock 1/2 thru hull supply tube, do the same inside the engine compartment, change hose to 1/2 heater hose to feed the center of exhaust manifold with the same fitting you use at the pump (1/4 pipe-90* 1/2 barb) for a single 1/2 feed in.
Now you can drill out where the stock bypass fitting is in the head out to 1/8 pipe for a 3/8 hose fitting to match the stock 3/8 fitting on the original stock head outlet, next just set up as a std dual cooling like your Superjet. One 1/2 feed is almost the same as running 2) 3/8's supply lines on a Superjet.

like supertune said but open both ends of the alloy tube where the hoses clamp.if you look inside,you should see that the tube is swaged on the ends.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I agree, why bother? The SXR has plenty of cooling for that set up stock, I asked around about this to most of the racers, and unless you are going full limited and racing it is not required at this point.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
when he put his wet pipe on he followed FP's instructions. we didn't like how it was routed, he wants to run a FCV now, so we just changed a few things around. he liked the way i routed my lines and wanted to do something similar.
its all good, we did it last saturday, thanks for the input.

Top Bottom