SXR Flywheel removal

im trying to remove my flywheel and was wondering what the best way to do it was is a impact necessary i tryed it without and it didn't budge so my guess is yes and also my sxr is an 07

thanks

cmeripper26

Ripper26
You can hold the motor from turning by using a large adjustable on the center piece of the flywheel, where your going to insert the flywheel removal bolt. You can even do it yourself if you have a sturdy shop table. Follow me here...... lock in the adjustable so you have a good bite on the flywheel center and lock in the adjustable crescent wrench so the handle is bottomed out on the table then insert your removal bolt in the center and with your breaker bar and socket you can begin to wrench on the bolt with constant steady pressure until the flywheel pops off the key way..... this sounds really confusing when wording, but i do it all the time by myself. If this is hard to understand i will try to post up a drawing for you in a bit. You dont have to waste money on a flywheel removal tool. Hope this helps

You can hold the motor from turning by using a large adjustable on the center piece of the flywheel, where your going to insert the flywheel removal bolt. You can even do it yourself if you have a sturdy shop table. Follow me here...... lock in the adjustable so you have a good bite on the flywheel center and lock in the adjustable crescent wrench so the handle is bottomed out on the table then insert your removal bolt in the center and with your breaker bar and socket you can begin to wrench on the bolt with constant steady pressure until the flywheel pops off the key way..... this sounds really confusing when wording, but i do it all the time by myself. If this is hard to understand i will try to post up a drawing for you in a bit. You dont have to waste money on a flywheel removal tool. Hope this helps
hum??? ill use my impact i think

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Lightly tap the flywheel nose with a hammer as you tighten it.

I have stripped TWO flywheel bolts in my flywheel.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
ive been using one that came in a bin of spare parts and a basket case 650sx i bought years ago. the three bolts that thread into the flywheel are all bent.

havent stripped anything yet lol.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Those won't work with the SX-R flywheel. (750/800)

This is what is used.

DSC02148.JPG

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
the picture wont load for me, but i'm assuming it looks similar to the one i used on my kx250.

its is basically just a single bolt?

using those requires a little heat(not too hot or you damage the stator) and a mallet if the wheel is pesky and doesnt want to come off.

I know about this. the last four SXR flywheels have NOT come off.
These are all 2006 or newer. We had to PRESS off the flywheel.

Something must of happened during the production since then. They are terrible! 1992-2005's are easy!

The latest I took apart appears to have less threads in the flywheel than before...just might be me.

So, yes there is an issue!

Top Bottom