SXR Foothold preference?

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
I currently have the WDK Revs in my hull and I want something smaller. What are you SXR guys using and why. I have a huge foot but the REV is just too big and I cant wedge my foot the way I like. I dont want to run the enclosures either.

Kickers? Diggers? Any other thoughts would be great. I prefer to have a clean instal and not have to hack a set of holds too badly.

We put Watercraft Factory footholds into my brother's SXR last winter with great results. The only place we had to modify the holds was at the rear lower corner of each foothold. The holds must be designed for the SJ hull where it starts to kick up a little at the back of the tray. To make them fit the flat SXR hull, we only had to cut a small slot in the bottom rear corners to allow them to be riveted flat down to the hull. The tiny crack was then filled with fibreglass after anyway.

He has size 12 feet and had plenty of room in those footholds even when riding in wakeskate shoes. I think we ended up with a layer of 5mm padding on the bottom of the holds and another layer of 5mm padding on the top of the holds. Of course, with a layer of turf on top. He wished we had put 8mm padding on the top and bottom to make them fit a little more tightly.

They do have to be positioned at the very back though to avoid the exhaust tube. There isn't as much room to play around with in comparison to the Superjets.

Attachments

• IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 66
  • WCF in SXR 1.jpg
    WCF in SXR 1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 47
  • WCF in SXR 2.jpg
    WCF in SXR 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 47
Super Dee, tell your brother to go get a Versiplug R.

That is definitely a well needed addition. That jet ski would fill up with so much water under the tray.

Maybe I'll recommend it to the new owner :wink:

He ended up selling it and picking up an Octane in December. Can't wait to see what that's like. We'll probably end up putting footholds in that at some point too.

Sorry, I don't mean to get this thread off track. Watercraft Factory Footholds were great in that SXR. I couldn't get the darn thing off the water without them.

A friend of mine just ordered some Kickers for his SJ. It will be interesting to see what they are like. WCF are great for me though - i'd order them again.

I like my kickers. the only down side is there is not enough room for the 25 mm pad on the bottom and 8mm pad on the top. I have to sand the 25mm pad down to about 8mm so my foot would fit.

the holds only needed trimming along the back and top to fit to the side fo the tray, pretty minor.

ClayMax

Austin Advocate
I like my kickers. the only down side is there is not enough room for the 25 mm pad on the bottom and 8mm pad on the top. I have to sand the 25mm pad down to about 8mm so my foot would fit.

the holds only needed trimming along the back and top to fit to the side fo the tray, pretty minor.

Yep, when I put my Kickers in I had 8MM padding underneath the turf on top and bottom. Couldn't stuff my size 13's in very far so had to take out the padding. What resulted was a little sunken area where the trays are which helps me find the footholds when things are getting crazy.

whats wrong with the WDK's? was just about to order a set. The other brands look to small and seem like the will give you a hard time trying to position your feet while riding.

whats wrong with the WDK's? was just about to order a set. The other brands look to small and seem like the will give you a hard time trying to position your feet while riding.

There's nothing wrong with WDK's. It's all personal preference. The WCF ones are a great size. I just personally thought the WDK holds looked way overkill in size and quite frankly don't like the way they look. WDK holds are absolutely ENORMOUS in comparison to most, if not all others. I didn't want the hassle of layering lots of foam in them to try to make them snug fitting. But as I mentioned, it's all personal preference. It may sound dumb, but in addition to the WCF holds fitting well, I think they look really good too, which to me was also what helped convince me on them.

tom21

havin fun

Yep, when I put my Kickers in I had 8MM padding underneath the turf on top and bottom. Couldn't stuff my size 13's in very far so had to take out the padding. What resulted was a little sunken area where the trays are which helps me find the footholds when things are getting crazy.

look here...I know its a little late but now you know.

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/49330

Top Bottom