SXR sxr rebuild

Kawi 800

06' SXR
So it’s been awhile since I have been on the forum, last summer after some issues and apretty big move my 06'sxr has been sitting in my parents shed, well part of it,the motor and everything else have been in the basement sealed up. I started towork on re building the motor; it needs fresh pistons, and a new electricalsystem. I bought what I thought was a good total loss system for the sxr and itended up being something that I am not sure if it will work, long story short Isold the stock e-box and stator. I want to get my ski up and running to usethis summer. I currently live in the KOP area of Philly and am looking for aplace to ride other then going to the ocean on the weekends or days off.Getting new pistons and the cylinders bored out won’t be an issue. The e-boxarea is. I don’t know what would be best, going to find the stock e-box andstator or buying a total loss system. I would like a TMB total loss fly wheel,charging he battery isn’t an issue since im not riding every day (that partsucks). Some history on the ski, it gas an ADA griddled head with 28CC domes,factory pipe dry pipe, true bored 40mm dual carbs and some cosmetic would onthe outside, footholds, turf, handle pole etc. I am looking to make the skireliable and a weekend worrier.

Looking for some advice on where to take this build.

Kawi 800

06' SXR
I got a new ebox and the next step is total loss flywheel and pistons but since I have the motor apart, I want to replace the crank seals, any advise with those or where to get them? Im looking at atlantic jet sports for $30.

Last edited:

Kawi 800

06' SXR
the new ebox doesnt have that little green plug that I got when I purchased my dry pipe, I believe its to advance the timing. Any idea on where to get one or is it really just a wire that feeds back into itself? I was just going to call FPP and have them send me a new one if I need to.

Top Bottom