TBM Charging flywheel?

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
im contemplating using the TBM wheel on my build. im going to have so much money invested in the motor its a shame to shortchange it on something as easy to change as lightening the flywheel. the question though is the tbm wheel made for the 61x stator or the t stator? i looked and cant seem to find the answer.
thanks.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
ok but that would make the general "use the x electrics" null right? isnt the only reason people prefer to use the 61x set up because stock the flywheel is lighter?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
T and well worth it IMO. I have one on my ported 760 and love the setup.

I don't remember reading about your motor build, so excuse my ignorance (and curiosity)....did you run that motor with a stock flywheel before?
In other words, did you get to compare performance "before and after" on that motor?
I'd be very interested to hear such comparison.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
ok but that would make the general "use the x electrics" null right? isnt the only reason people prefer to use the 61x set up because stock the flywheel is lighter?

In my experience, that's a silly argument. The T flywheel is about 2 or 3 ounces heavier, don't remember exactly.
I have a hard time telling any difference between a stock flywheel and a lightened stock flywheel (a 6-8 ounce difference).
If anyone can tell a performance difference between a stock T and a stock X flywheel, they must be very sensitive.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Forget anything else...Don't even think about it...Use a TBM charging flywheel with 62T stator and MSD Enhancer CDI and you'll be very happy.
The TBM is really the best you can buy for a charging flywheel.
The TBM is like only 6 oz. heavier than a MSD-TL flywheel! No way are you going to get anywhere close to that with any lightened stock or aftermarket flywheel.

Forget anything else...Don't even think about it...Use a TBM charging flywheel with 62T stator and MSD Enhancer CDI and you'll be very happy.
The TBM is really the best you can buy for a charging flywheel.
The TBM is like only 6 oz. heavier than a MSD-TL flywheel! No way are you going to get anywhere close to that with any lightened stock or aftermarket flywheel.

seems like I have heard all of this before :Banane09::bump:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I don't remember reading about your motor build, so excuse my ignorance (and curiosity)....did you run that motor with a stock flywheel before?
In other words, did you get to compare performance "before and after" on that motor?
I'd be very interested to hear such comparison.

Not on that ski but I had it on my 701 for a few months earlier. Overall the engine just responds faster in every situation, which is exactly what is expected and desired. Where I noticed the most improvement was jumping, it now requires very little setup and the power is always there, not that 1/2 second pause as the revs build.

Top Bottom